Page 586 of 742 FirstFirst ... 584585586587588 ... LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,032 of 8900

Re: OT - coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Think of it this way - if there are 1,000 people there partying. Maybe 10 people will die. That's 10 less people consuming resources and burdening the economy and society, right? I'd chalk that up as a "W" for ol'Mother Earth.

#toosoon ?
    I'd be 100% "whatever" about them if they hurt only themselves. Per your earlier post, I usually don't like the idea of daddy government intervening either, but I am challenged when it involves public health crises. I'm just frustrated that people don't care but I shouldn't be surprised. I did some dumb shit in my 20s too

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    I'd be 100% "whatever" about them if they hurt only themselves. Per your earlier post, I usually don't like the idea of daddy government intervening either, but I am challenged when it involves public health crises. I'm just frustrated that people don't care but I shouldn't be surprised. I did some dumb shit in my 20s too

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I agree. I agree with Wicked's general point. I don't think any of us want the Government telling us we can't watch a tv show or whatever. This is a unique situation though, because as you said their decisions don't affect them alone. Otherwise, none of us would be batting an eyelid to what they're doing.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Nothing is worth government interventionism.

Let us determine what is best for us.
    Gov't intervention is beneficial for some things (Hospitals, Roads, Bridges, etc.), so I would not exclude it from our lives. However, when our daughter was learning to ride a bicycle I would hold onto it as she pedaled, then let go to see if she could do it all by herself. When she was secure in her riding, I never interfered with it again. The Gov't should do the same. When we can take care of ourselves, let go of the bike, and let us pedal as best we can by ourselves without assistance... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Gov't intervention is beneficial for some things (Hospitals, Roads, Bridges, etc.), so I would not exclude it from our lives. However, when our daughter was learning to ride a bicycle I would hold onto it as she pedaled, then let go to see if she could do it all by herself. When she was secure in her riding, I never interfered with it again. The Gov't should do the same. When we can take care of ourselves, let go of the bike, and let us pedal as best we can by ourselves without assistance... Bc
    Unfortunately, we seem to be a long ways from that Bc. These people won't be satisfied until there are outbreaks in stores and they have to close back down anyway.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Unfortunately, we seem to be a long ways from that Bc. These people won't be satisfied until there are outbreaks in stores and they have to close back down anyway.
    Ex, I know you're an honorable man (not trying to be patronizing), and I agree. Looting and rioting will never bring "the other side" to their knees (so to speak). I remember a story by Aesop :

The story concerns a competition between the North wind and the Sun to decide which is the stronger of the two. The challenge was to make a passing traveler remove his cloak. However hard the North Wind blew, the traveler only wrapped his cloak tighter, but when the Sun shone, the traveler was overcome with heat and had to take his cloak off.

The wind attempts to strip the traveler of his cloak,

The sun strips the traveler of his cloak.

Written centuries ago, but still true today. Anger and destruction will not get you to your goal. It will just strengthen the resolve of your adversary... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    The gov can't/won't let go and there are A LOT of people in the world right now that don't want to ride a 'bike' on their own.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

You have a point Bc.

Blog Entries

The gov can't/won't let go and there are A LOT of people in the world right now that don't want to ride a 'bike' on their own.
    Well it's the age old thing you know? Does a person want to eat healthier to better their health or do they just want to go to the doctor, to get a pill that'll make it 'seem' to go away faster? Do people want to exercise more and more effectively, to lose stomach fat, or do they just want to have surgery take care of it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Well it's the age old thing you know? Does a person want to eat healthier to better their health or do they just want to go to the doctor, to get a pill that'll make it 'seem' to go away faster? Do people want to exercise more and more effectively, to lose stomach fat, or do they just want to have surgery take care of it.
    People by and large would rather eat/drink/behave the way they want and when they start to suffer, take a pill for it. Very few have the know how or fortitude to adopt a lifestyle change.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

But let them put a curfew due to protests and it's 'The CuRfeWs aRe fOr yOur oWn ProtEcTion'

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    But let them put a curfew due to protests and it's 'The CuRfeWs aRe fOr yOur oWn ProtEcTion'
    I dont disagree. If you inject yourself into a "protest/riot" then you're subjecting yourself to potential risk...be it getting sick, getting beat up....shot....whatever. It's a choice. Choices have consequences.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.