Page 682 of 742 FirstFirst ... 680681682683684 ... LastLast
Results 8,173 to 8,184 of 8900
  1. Re: OT - coronavirus

Hang in there BA. Best wishes. Try and keep somewhat mobile even if its just walking around the bedroom. Sleep on your stomach if you can. Have the wife take a close look at your lips or keep an eye on your fingernail beds. If either lose color or appear the slightest shade of blue beet feet to the ER.

OT - coronavirus

The numbers below are from an outbreak in Melbourne Australia that occurred when a security guard caught the virus while working in quarantine. The virus then spread via his child to thousands of others.
    Australia had just 20 active cases prior to this outbreak and you can see how quickly it has spread and where it has spread to. There are 4 children under 10yo in ICU, more than 200 have died, mostly in Aged Care. Most people are blaming the entire spread on the security guard. Australia is quite transparent on numbers and this although a few days old is an interesting breakdown.

[MEDIA=twitter]1293399886054871040[/MEDIA]

Key numbers are the school infection numbers. The healthcare worker numbers. The home number where parents & siblings have caught it mostly from their kids. I haven’t seen a breakdown like this anywhere else.

My sister is a teacher in another school there. She thinks we are crazy to be reopening, when they can see how quickly the young students have spread the virus.

I get that without opening schools, I certainly can’t get much work done with kids at home. I am sure that is the same for many many others too. Online learning only appears to work IF either I or my wife are actively supervising.

Perhaps the aim for opening schools is to reach herd immunity by getting ALL our kids sick and hopefully parents not dying from catching from their kids. Kids tend to not listen to adults anyway.

Blog Entries

Re: OT - coronavirus

Now, this may be very easy for me to say, because I don’t have children. That said, on the surface and in my opinion, it just seems irresponsible to send children back to school with ever evolving information about the virus. It would be one thing is data was concrete. However, more and more information is coming out, about children being able to contract and transmit the virus. More and more information is also coming out about the impact of the virus on a small percentage of people’s lungs/hearts. Plus, we are talking about children. If we have been so frustrated with grown adults not being willing to follow suggestions, protocols and outright rules, what would make me think that frustration wouldn’t be amplified with children?

Again, I don’t have children. So, perhaps, I may be out of place discussing this, but it just doesn’t seem responsible.

4. Re: OT - coronavirus

The CDCs preliminary estimate of excess deaths suggest that COVID19 may be responsible for over 200,00 deaths already. If you take excess deaths by state (that data and reporting is not yet complete) and overlay the states and dates of surges you come up with somewhere in the neighborhood of 203,000.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    The CDCs preliminary estimate of excess deaths suggest that COVID19 may be responsible for over 200,00 deaths already. If you take excess deaths by state (that data and reporting is not yet complete) and overlay the states and dates of surges you come up with somewhere in the neighborhood of 203,000.

Or they could remove the people dying from cancer and heart attacks and the number would be much lower.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Or they could remove the people dying from cancer and heart attacks and the number would be much lower.
    It depends. If it’s clear as day that the person was in no major risk of dying from a heart attack anytime soon, I think that it should be counted, because without the infection, the heart attack wouldn’t have happened anytime soon. It’s like the increasing cases of strokes in younger people, as a result of Covid-19 infection.

Now, if the person was already in CCU, that’s a situation where I’d more so question what the cause should be listed as.

Obviously, I think we all agree that anything completely erroneous should be fixed. However, regardless, that still likely leaves a number that, especially with over 40 states issuing some form of stay at home order, would have originally been deemed ‘Fear Mongering’.

Blog Entries

So I see Joe Biden wants to make wearing masks outside mandatory for the next 3 months at a minimum. Where's the science in that?

8. Re: OT - coronavirus

First off this is excess deaths. Second, you must bear in mind COVID doesnt kill anyone. Its the respiratory failure, heart attacks, strokes, kidney failure, and autoimmune responses caused by the virus that kills people. 3rd, it would seem quite the coincidence that these excess deaths occurred during the same time period and in the same states.

If someone dies from a car accident while having cancer, you wouldn't blame the cancer. Why would you treat covid different (assuming they weren't already pretty much gone while contacting it)

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    First off this is excess deaths. Second, you must bear in mind COVID doesnt kill anyone. Its the respiratory failure, heart attacks, strokes, kidney failure, and autoimmune responses caused by the virus that kills people. 3rd, it would seem quite the coincidence that these excess deaths occurred during the same time period and in the same states.
    Excess deaths doesn’t remove the people that didn’t die from not driving for 90 days either. The people that didn’t die on dangerous job sites while not working for 90 days or didn’t die from a heart attack from stress.

Not saying that it is an awful measure, just flawed like basically anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

You’re not dying from Covid-19. You’re dying from Covid-19 complications.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    You’re not dying from Covid-19. You’re dying from Covid-19 complications.

Deaths are being listed as covid. Could you say Floyd didn't die at the hands of police, he died from covid.? He told the cops he had it. The drugs in his system also were a factor.