Page 497 of 742 FirstFirst ... 495496497498499 ... LastLast
Results 5,953 to 5,964 of 8900
    Blog Entries

Re: OT - coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I'm doing very well. I figured out how to bring most of my gym routine home, since I had some equipment at home. I've shed a good deal of body fat during the stay-at-home order, since I'd been dealing with wrist injuries going into it. I had a good deal of home equipment (Resistance bands, loop bands, weighted gloves, wrist/ankle weights and bought a jump rope).
    good for you Ex. I've done similar and have been using a roller and stretch band, doing things I have never done. I'm lighter than I've been since high school although that was not my goal.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    good for you Ex. I've done similar and have been using a roller and stretch band, doing things I have never done. I'm lighter than I've been since high school although that was not my goal.
    As much as we don’t like forcing people to do things, we often learn a lot when we are forced to do things. I’ve learned a lot from trying to get around the wrist issues, and can now take what I’ve learned, back into the gym.

When I had a stomach virus and some were concerned that it might have been Covid-19, though I already eat pretty healthy, I did some extra research, just in case there was something else I could add to my diet. I now have a handful of additions that will become mainstays.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 05-29-2020 at 10:14 PM.

Cool Re: OT - coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I miss playing poker face-to-face with the guys. However, one of them found PokerStars.NET where you can play for free. No money involved, just points and bragging rights. He's a professor, so he also has us on "Blackboard" (like Zoom), so we can play, see, and hear each other. It's fun, but not like being together. It will have to do until things get better... Bc
    I miss playing poker face-to-face too BC. It's just not the same doing it online!

I'm keeping busy doing my film/TV blog instead to pass the time right now.

Such is life!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I changed jobs a few years ago when a higher up could not cope with people working remote. He was old school. Wonder how that is working out now?
    Poor micromanaging style management doesn't get it. They lack the ability to trust their employees which good employees who don't need someone's eyes on them constantly resent.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    I found myself more productive at home where I could login earlier, work later, not commute, not do hair/makeup, etc. I hope the old school mentality dies out

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Forward better managed companies are getting it. Some people think they need to control employees for results. It often ends up counterproductive for reasons you list above. Long commutes, rigid work schedules, and there overbearing managers ruin morale. Hopefully a positive out of this virus is more companies realizing they have a need for change, especially in areas of technology where a large amount of a employees job can easily be done from home.

I hope you get to do that more often, giving you more time to enjoy your new family

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    i think i miss boxing the most out of all the activities i cant do lol
    Wish I knew you when I was fighting full contact. Cross training was just becoming the future in MMA, instead of someone trained in one style of combat vs. another.

I'm honestly confused now.

per the WHO: https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...w-to-use-masks

"When and how to wear medical masks to protect against coronavirus?
    If you are healthy, you only need to wear a mask if you are taking care of a person with COVID-19."

"There is limited evidence that wearing a medical mask by healthy individuals in the households or among contacts of a sick patient, or among attendees of mass gatherings may be beneficial as a preventive measure.
    However, there is currently no evidence that wearing a mask (whether medical or other types) by healthy persons in the wider community setting, including universal community masking, can prevent them from infection with respiratory viruses, including COVID-19."

"Advice to decision makers on the use of masks for healthy people in community settings
    As described above, the wide use of masks by healthy people in the community setting is not supported by current evidence and carries uncertainties and critical risks. WHO offers the following advice to decision makers so they apply a risk-based approach.
    Decisions makers should consider the following:
    1. Purpose of mask use: the rationale and reason for mask use should be clear– whether it is to be used for source
    control (used by infected persons) or prevention of COVID-19 (used by healthy persons)
    2. Risk of exposure to the COVID-19 virus in the local context:
    * The population: current epidemiology about how widely the virus is circulating (e.g., clusters of cases versus community transmission), as well as local surveillance and testing capacity (e.g., contact tracing and follow up, ability to carry out testing).
    * The individual: working in close contact with public (e.g., community health worker, cashier)
    3. Vulnerability of the person/population to develop severe disease or be at higher risk of death, e.g. people with comorbidities, such as cardiovascular disease or diabetes mellitus, and older people
    4. Setting in which the population lives in terms of population density, the ability to carry out physical
    distancing (e.g. on a crowded bus), and risk of rapid spread (e.g. closed settings, slums, camps/camp-like settings).
    5. Feasibility: availability and costs of the mask, and tolerability by individuals
    6. Type of mask: medical mask versus nonmedical mask (see below)
    In addition to these factors, potential advantages of the use of mask by healthy people in the community setting include reducing potential exposure risk from infected person during the “pre-symptomatic” period and stigmatization of individuals wearing mask for source control. However, the following potential risks should be carefully taken into account in any decision-making process:
    • self-contamination that can occur by touching and reusing contaminated mask
    • depending on type of mask used, potential breathing difficulties
    • false sense of security, leading to potentially less adherence to other preventive measures such as physical distancing and hand hygiene
    • diversion of mask supplies and consequent shortage of mask for health care workers
    • diversion of resources from effective public health measures, such as hand hygiene."

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Poor micromanaging style management doesn't get it. They lack the ability to trust their employees which good employees who don't need someone's eyes on them constantly resent.

Forward better managed companies are getting it. Some people think they need to control employees for results. It often ends up counterproductive for reasons you list above. Long commutes, rigid work schedules, and there overbearing managers ruin morale. Hopefully a positive out of this virus is more companies realizing they have a need for change, especially in areas of technology where a large amount of a employees job can easily be done from home.

I hope you get to do that more often, giving you more time to enjoy your new family
    I'm just glad I don't have to worry about going back to work, whether home or office, until after labor day!

Blog Entries

I'm just glad I don't have to worry about going back to work, whether home or office, until after labor day!

Yeah. One would hope that hotter temperatures hinder the transmissibility of Covid-19, though that in itself isn’t a certainty. More importantly, it won’t matter if everyone crowds the beaches and brings it home to the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Yeah. One would hope that hotter temperatures hinder the transmissibility of Covid-19, though that in itself isn’t a certainty. More importantly, it won’t matter if everyone crowds the beaches and brings it home to the rest of us.
    Yeah, there are so many unknowns, I don't feel comfortable hanging my hat on anything

Blog Entries

Yeah, there are so many unknowns, I don't feel comfortable hanging my hat on anything

I don’t blame you. When this first started, to even consider that over 100,000 would die this quickly, I mean, even if someone brushed it off at first, 100,000 dead in three months is..............

Blog Entries

Cool Re: OT - coronavirus

Look out, I T T, bad joke coming :

Didn't you have "labor day" about two weeks ago?

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Look out, I T T, bad joke coming :

Didn't you have "labor day" about two weeks ago?

... Bc
    Hehe good one. But barely any labor due to c-section! Now I'm moving a bit slowly as I recover