Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Speculation on Marshal Yanda

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    No way he wants his last game to be that piece of garbage choke job game they had in the playoffs. Unfinished business!
    He's won a Superbowl, had ProBowls and All -Pros and should end up in the Hall of Fame. I'm sure he can live with that last game. Yanda doesn't have any unfinished business.
    He'll only come back if he wants to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    No way he wants his last game to be that piece of garbage choke job game they had in the playoffs. Unfinished business!
    He also doesn’t want his last game remembering being spit in the face by some scum bag rookie.

I'd certainly hope that he decided to go for it one more season. The Ravens can financially afford it under the cap and the extra year will be big for them to develop his replacement.

I won't blame him if he hangs it up though. He's had a potential Hall of Fame career and a SB ring from 2012.

Does anyone know what the cap implications would be if he were to retire before the start of the season?

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Does anyone know what the cap implications would be if he were to retire before the start of the season?
    From the player salary contract details on the link at the top of the page, looks like we'd save $7 million.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

This is one of those times when we fans have to understand that some players take losses far harder than we do. You'll never field a team of 53 guys on the roster who feel that way, but Yanda is one of them. To have had the fun that he had this season and see it end the way it did, at his age, had to be a massive gut punch. My gut feeling is that he will be back, but that it will take him a while to get up from that one and be ready to say so.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore