Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Free Agent wishlist

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Wishlist:
    1. Resign Jimmy Smith to a 2 Year Deal ($20MM, $8MM Guarenteed)
    2. Tag Judon (Trade if we can't get a reasonable extension)
    3. Sign Joe Schobert to a 3 Year Deal ($45MM, $35MM Guarenteed)
    4. Sign Suh to a 1 Year Deal ($10.5MM, All Guarenteed) or Carl Nassib to a 1 Year Deal ($5MM, All Guarenteed)
    5. Sign Randall Cobb to a 2 Year Deal ($9MM, $6MM Guarenteed)
    There is a thing called the salary cap

I'd sign Judon and Stanley long term. Resign McPhee, Bynes and Ward for cheap and see whether one of Smith or Carr would take a cheap deal.

If there is any money left over Javon Hargraves would be nice, or even Carl Nassib.

I'm not into the idea of one of these big money old men like Green, Cobb, McCoy and Suh. I'd hate to see Stanley walk because we bought into the decline of a big name.

I don't like the idea of a free agent WR until after the draft. With all these good young receivers coming into the league, there will be fewer spots and lower salaries for servicable vets. We could find a bargain if we haven't managed to draft one (or more).

Judon sways things so much. If the Ravens do franchise him, there really isn't much room left for a whole lot else.

Unless another cut is coming (only Carr makes any sense) or Yanda retires, the Ravens will have around $27m for free agency after Skura is given his RFA tender. Franchising Judon cuts that # down to around 10.5m. Factor in all the rookie deal money and other misc cap charges, and you basically have room for one mid-level free agent. That free agent is not named Cooper, Green, or Campbell.

I like DeMarcus Robinson as a reasonable alternative to an overpriced veteran at WR.

Derek Wolfe, Shelby Harris, Ashawn Robinson, and Maliek Collins wouldn't be overly expensive either.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I still don't get the love for aj green. I feel like he has more lignhering issues than Antonio browns brain

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    I'm with you on that. I wouldn't say I don't want Green, but I've always gotten the impression many people think we'd be getting the AJ Green from a few years ago when in reality we're getting a guy with more red flags for injury and declining performance than almost any other veteran WR I can recall us signing in recent years.

My "realistic" wishlist would be re-signing Jimmy Smith if the contract is reasonable and that's pretty much it. As Luke said, we aren't going to have a lot after Judon is tagged. Keep the strength of the team (secondary) a strength and draft to fill the other holes.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Wishlist:
    1. Resign Jimmy Smith to a 2 Year Deal ($20MM, $8MM Guarenteed)
    2. Tag Judon (Trade if we can't get a reasonable extension)
    3. Sign Joe Schobert to a 3 Year Deal ($45MM, $35MM Guarenteed)
    4. Sign Suh to a 1 Year Deal ($10.5MM, All Guarenteed) or Carl Nassib to a 1 Year Deal ($5MM, All Guarenteed)
    5. Sign Randall Cobb to a 2 Year Deal ($9MM, $6MM Guarenteed)
    Madden franchise mode with the salary cap turned off?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by 21xxxv View Post
    I expect Vernon to be cut by the Browns. I think he would be a value signing and a good 5 tech player. If I could spend the teams money, Amstead would be my priority signing. But, Stanley is probably the correct FA siging before he becomes one....
    Vernon is way too small to be a 5 tech in a 3-4.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    This is just downright unrealistic. These contracts would push the Ravens $17-20m over the cap before we even calculate the Skura RFA contract and all the rookie contracts.

There might be a team that gives Jimmy 2/20, but it won't be the Ravens. No team is giving Schobert 3/45 with 35 guaranteed. He's not that good of a linebacker.
    LOL, it's a wishlist in order of importance. Salary Cap for 2020 is ~$200MM. We're at ~$170MM as of today. Assuming we need $10MM aside for Rookies, we have a ~$20MM left.

Schobert had 4 interceptions, 2 forced fumbles, and 133 tackles last year.

For comparison of some other LB Contracts
    1. Myles Jack - 4 Year ($57MM, $33 Guarenteed) - 66 and 107 tackles last two years
    2. CJ Mosley - 5 Year ($85MM, $51 Guarenteed) - 105 and 132 tackles leading into his contract year (9 Tackles Last Year)
    3. Jaylon Smith - 6 Year ($68MM, $35MM Guaranteed) 142 and 121 takcles last two years

Ideally we'd be able to get Joe for $10MM-$12MM per year on a 4-5 Year deal, but I'd push for a 3 year and offer a little more money. This is likely only done IF we can't bring Judon back. Don't think we'd be able to pay both.

If we can extend/restructure Carr, Stanley, Koch, or Wormley - could add a few bucks.

Wishlist right? I'll try to keep it realistic...

Tag and trade Judon to the Dolphins for their 56 (they've got an earlier 2nd but hey) & 135 picks.
    Trade Hurst to the Jags for their 74 pick (so an early 3rd).

Not in my wishlist but I'm assuming Yanda is not coming back.

Pierce, Smith and Carr all walk. Maybe bring Josh Bynes back.

FA: Maliek Collins, Hargrave.

Picks 28, 56, 62, 74, 92, 119, 124, 135, comp 4th, comp 4th, 152, conditional 7:

Use the 4s to move up if necessary:

Cesar Ruiz or Cushenberry
    Ross Blacklock or Madabuike
    Mims/Justin Jefferson or Bryan Edwards/Van Jefferson/KJ Hill
    Adam Trautman
    Akeem Davis-Gaither/Kyle Dugger/Geno Stone
    Zach Baun/J. Uche/Darrell Taylor
    Damien Lewis/Kindley/Onuwenu/Bredeson
    Lynn Bowden (or some other guy than can fucking kick return)

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    Wishlist right? I'll try to keep it realistic...

Tag and trade Judon to the Dolphins for their 56 (they've got an earlier 2nd but hey) & 135 picks.
    Trade Hurst to the Jags for their 74 pick (so an early 3rd).

Not in my wishlist but I'm assuming Yanda is not coming back.

Pierce, Smith and Carr all walk. Maybe bring Josh Bynes back.

FA: Maliek Collins, Hargrave.

Picks 28, 56, 62, 74, 92, 119, 124, 135, comp 4th, comp 4th, 152, conditional 7:

Use the 4s to move up if necessary:

Cesar Ruiz or Cushenberry
    Ross Blacklock or Madabuike
    Mims/Justin Jefferson or Bryan Edwards/Van Jefferson/KJ Hill
    Adam Trautman
    Akeem Davis-Gaither/Kyle Dugger/Geno Stone
    Zach Baun/J. Uche/Darrell Taylor
    Damien Lewis/Kindley/Onuwenu/Bredeson
    Lynn Bowden (or some other guy than can fucking kick return)
    I mean who is going to rush the passer?

LOL, it's a wishlist in order of importance. Salary Cap for 2020 is ~$200MM. We're at ~$170MM as of today. Assuming we need $10MM aside for Rookies, we have a ~$20MM left.

Schobert had 4 interceptions, 2 forced fumbles, and 133 tackles last year.

For comparison of some other LB Contracts
    1. Myles Jack - 4 Year ($57MM, $33 Guarenteed) - 66 and 107 tackles last two years
    2. CJ Mosley - 5 Year ($85MM, $51 Guarenteed) - 105 and 132 tackles leading into his contract year (9 Tackles Last Year)
    3. Jaylon Smith - 6 Year ($68MM, $35MM Guaranteed) 142 and 121 takcles last two years

Ideally we'd be able to get Joe for $10MM-$12MM per year on a 4-5 Year deal, but I'd push for a 3 year and offer a little more money. This is likely only done IF we can't bring Judon back. Don't think we'd be able to pay both.

If we can extend/restructure Carr, Stanley, Koch, or Wormley - could add a few bucks.
    Not tagging Judon...his tag is going to be $16+ million on the cap.

Blog Entries

Joe Schoebert would be pretty high on my wish list.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Tagging Judon sounds inevitable. I know it's a wishlist, but if we're trying ot keep it realistic, should probably factor that in.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB