Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 LastLast

Re: Barstool Sports: Pats and Ravens in Trade Talks re Hayden Hurst

Hunter Henry reportedly will be franchised by SD so one less FA TE on the market with a weak draft class.

2. Re: Barstool Sports: Pats and Ravens in Trade Talks re Hayden Hurst

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Hunter Henry reportedly will be franchised by LA so one less FA TE on the market with a weak draft class.
    FTFY

I'd rather not see Hurst go, TBH. TE is a huge strength for us and makes us so versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He def has some awkwardness.

Hurst is natural.

Hollywood, Andrews, Boyle, and Ingram are all natural hands catchers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah, and I'd add Snead.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Tin Toothpick View Post
    If the Ravens trade Hurst, the number of posters that have Verdite on their ignore list is going to triple.
    Just FTR, Tiny, despite your jejeune fixation on an obscure fantasy game and its mockable heroics (or ought that be "zeroics"), Nikolai Ivanovich has refrained from casting you flailing&wailing into his Ignoratory. He much prefers retaining the option to point & mock, viz.:

(Also FTR I largely agree with you re Garnet Thor. I know, I know, another sign of the Pork Lips Now...)
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I’d be okay with a 2nd round pick. It looks like there will be a lot of talent in that round this year.

Hurst is natural.

Hollywood, Andrews, Boyle, and Ingram are all natural hands catchers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No question.

He's a long strider who is probably going to struggle for most of his career when it comes to creating seperation despite his really good 40 time. He's also going to have to get batter at bringing in contested catches considering his size to continue to move up the depth chart.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Lord Jesus, who let Lobachevsky in here......

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ArmBears View Post
    Waller is one now, albeit playing for a different team. Perriman's light has also switched on.
    And there' the rub: How likely is it that the light will go on for any WR the Ravens draft during their time here? You have to be able to recognize a prospective draftee's potential and then develop it. In the past one or both of those capabilitis has been, shall we say, less than optimal.

But if that were a reasonable possibility, I'd rather see them train up HH to run WR routes, & retain (or increase) the versatility of the offense. Would that confuse the crap out of opposing secondaries or what?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Lord Jesus, who let Lobachevsky in here......
    Noose for youse, Tiny: The (cat)calls have always been coming from inside the building...
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

If the Ravens have 9 draft picks that is more than enough to pick up a wide out without dealing away Hurst.Some team gets desperate and wants to give them an early number two or a quality player in return at a position of need fine but otherwise stand pat and keep their tight ends the best and deepest group in the NFL.

If EDC decides to trade HH for value, I think we will look to someone like Josiah Deguara in the draft to be a move TE/FB to add the Juice versatility to our offense. More snaps for Andrews, less for Pat Ricard but more for the opposing defense to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    I’ve never met him before but he seemed a little off to me. Maybe the trade rumors are stressing him out.
    Too busy scoping the gate area looking for tall blondes??

(Thanks, great story!)

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    That was my reservation about Boykin from the get-to. Many here said it's an unfair label, but until I see consistent hands ... I will have reservations.
    Interesting! I thought Boykin's college tape showed very smooth, natural hands when catching. I think I posted something here last year pre-draft, to the effect that it looks like the ball is just "arriving home" when it gets to Boykin.

Fascinating how everyone can look at the same thing and see something different.