Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Barstool Sports: Pats and Ravens in Trade Talks re Hayden Hurst

I like our guys!

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    If he catches it will be "Fuck no, he came up big in his opportunity for us" instead of "welllllllllll, we have depth and we may get a good return".

Every opportunity isn't created equal.
    Preach!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trading Hurst?

What do you think we might get for him?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/r...landing-spots/

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Now will yall believe me that im Eric DeCosta in disguise?
    When we trade up to #2 overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    I don't know, that's not really how teams in SB in reality. If you notice, those flash in the pan teams who go all in to try to win it all rarely succeed. The teams who do win SBs are teams who go to the playoffs a lot...and eventually the break though. Look at our Flacco driven teams. 2012 wasn't our best team of the bunch. After years we finally put it together and got it right.

I think that the best formula for rings is to be consistent, pound a ton of trips to the play-offs, and eventually you break through. Just going all-in in the short-term isn't the highest percentage way to get a ring.
    Great post. Well put.

Quote Originally Posted by ninetysixer View Post
    Just imagine what happens if Andrews goes down with an injury next year and your next available pass catching TE is Boyle or a Rookie.

Not to disparage Boyle, who is the best blocking TE in the game right now.
    Whatever draft pick we get in return will bolster our depth at a different position. I'm not sure if there's a net gain or loss in injury risk here. To me this doesn't play a huge factor.

This is a tough call. I think a 3rd offers fair-ish value, but I probably wouldn't do the deal at that price.
    What we give up:
    - 2 more years of very cheap Hurst and 1 more of cheap-ish Hurst
    - Probable comp pick (not sure which round, but I'll guess 4th)
    - Lose a small amount of cap room due to Hurst's dead money being greater than his cap number (OTC says we lose 43k if traded which is basically nothing, but we don't free up any space to make room for the pick we get in return, so it still cuts into our cap room for the year).

What we gain:
    - 4 years of cheap ownership of a player with maybe ~50% shot at being a multi year starter
    - Some chance at a comp pick if that draft pick eventually signs elsewhere as a UFA (lower chance than Hurst, and on average probably a lower comp pick when one is earned)

I think it starts to look worthwhile if the offer is a 2nd.

I’ll freely admit there are some here who get analytics and stats waaay more than me. I’ve just used the “eye test “. That said. Every post or thread about HH results in someone stating that “HH is the best all around TE” or “has the best hands “ “ runs the best routes “. And I’m sure there are pages of stats that back this up.

But ...if this is true ...why doesn’t he get more play time? Why isn’t he a primary target for Lamar? I bag on this coaching staff more than anyone here ...and I’m certain they know more than I /we fans do. They see tape. Practice. Locker room. Games. We see games. Period. Obviously HH ain’t showing out in practice. Or walk throughs. Or whatever. Maybe he makes GRO’s coffee wrong? Maybe he cuts Harbs grass wrong? Whatever it is they don’t feel the same as some of us fans.

Trade this dud. He’s not valued here by the team. He’s never been worth the 1St round pick. Even his college stats arnt impressive. Dude caught 3 TDs in 3 yrs!

Don’t give him away ...but if a decent trade comes ...take it. I’d say a high 3rd and maybe a 5th/6th

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I’ll freely admit there are some here who get analytics and stats waaay more than me. I’ve just used the “eye test “. That said. Every post or thread about HH results in someone stating that “HH is the best all around TE” or “has the best hands “ “ runs the best routes “. And I’m sure there are pages of stats that back this up.

But ...if this is true ...why doesn’t he get more play time? Why isn’t he a primary target for Lamar? I bag on this coaching staff more than anyone here ...and I’m certain they know more than I /we fans do. They see tape. Practice. Locker room. Games. We see games. Period. Obviously HH ain’t showing out in practice. Or walk throughs. Or whatever. Maybe he makes GRO’s coffee wrong? Maybe he cuts Harbs grass wrong? Whatever it is they don’t feel the same as some of us fans.

Trade this dud. He’s not valued here by the team. He’s never been worth the 1St round pick. Even his college stats arnt impressive. Dude caught 3 TDs in 3 yrs!

Don’t give him away ...but if a decent trade comes ...take it. I’d say a high 3rd and maybe a 5th/6th

Trade Hurst for top value. Get Vernon Davis out of retirement and BOOM Superbowl!

Or put another 20 lbs on Miles Boykin and make him a tightend.

To be clear, i was never a fan of the pick and couldnt believe we took him in the first. But the way our offense runs through heavy TEs i think it is essential to keep what we have in tact. Now he does need to be utilized more especially with his athleticsm. That being said, if NE wants to give us a 1st and 3rd for our 2nd or something that is hard to say no, then go for it. But we better have a plan to replace what he offers, having that TE group is what makes us so dangerous. It would just depend on what we do with the picks and at this point i do trust EDC. I think HH will have a good year if he is on the roster.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    No, actually there aren't stats that back-up the claims made about HH. It's just people stating their opinion as fact until people give up arguing about it

I would try to push for a 2nd rounder but would accept a 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    No, actually there aren't stats that back-up the claims made about HH. It's just people stating their opinion as fact until people give up arguing about it

Third round pick wouldnt be shit. Bring less to the roster than what HH does. Most dont pan out anyway.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Trade Hurst, then Andrews gets hurt and all you have is Boyle. No thanks.

Does everyone forget what happened when Pitta got hurt in PS practice.
    I don't yet have an opinion. But Devil's advocate says they could still use a fourth round pick on a TE to replace Hurst and may not suffer because of it.

Consider Andrews was a third. Pitta was a fourth. Boyle was undrafted, Dickson was a third. Kelce was a third round pick. Ertz as round two. Kittle was a fifth rounder. Hooper third round. Cook was in the third. Burton was undrafted.

You get the idea.

It begs the question why would a smart guy like Belichick trade for Hurst then?

He does have certain skills that Roman's scheme doesn't particularly take advantage of. Better to send him to where he can prosper, if that's the case, and replace him with a cheaper scheme fit.

I won't have an opinion until I see what is really offered not just rumored. A day two pick or sending Hurst and a pick for Ngakoue might make me say, good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Third round pick wouldnt be shit. Bring less to the roster than what HH does. Most dont pan out anyway.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
    Mark Andrews says “Hello”.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post

Normally Ed I’d argue with you ...but for once we agree 100%.

2Nd would be the goal but a 3rd + a later would do.