Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Barstool Sports: Pats and Ravens in Trade Talks re Hayden Hurst

There are some solid TE options in this draft too.

Cole Kmet from Notre Dame, Thaddeus Moss from LSU, and Hunter Bryant from FAU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Barstool Sports: Pats and Ravens in Trade Talks re Hayden Hurst

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I think the thing with Hurst, that makes him difficult to place, is that while he's the best all-around player of our TEs, he's not the best at any one thing. He's our second-best blocking TE; Boyle is clearly better. Andrews has made more of a case for himself as a pass-catcher; it's not clear to me that Andrews really is a better receiver, but he did establish himself while Hurst was injured in 2018.
    Uh, no. Andrews has proven himself to not only be the best receiving TE on this team, by far, but he's also a top 3 to 5 overall in the entire NFL as a receiving TE. I would personally have him behind only Kelce and Kittle. So to suggest Hurst is better than him as a receiver is basically to say you think Hurst is maybe the best receiving TE in the league and that's laughable.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    So does Carl Davis,Crocket Gillmore.Terence Brooks, Tim Williams, Bronson Kafusi and Jah Reid...

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
    Marshal Yanda, Lardarius Webb, and Orlando Brown also say hi.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Uh, no. Andrews has proven himself to not only be the best receiving TE on this team, by far, but he's also a top 3 to 5 overall in the entire NFL as a receiving TE. I would personally have him behind only Kelce and Kittle. So to suggest Hurst is better than him as a receiver is basically to say you think Hurst is maybe the best receiving TE in the league and that's laughable.
    IMO, if we had reversed the roles of HH and Andrews, it is likely that HH would have similar production to Andrews's as a receiver. That's not a knock on Andrews whom I love, just a reflection on HH's receiving skill set that Ozzie felt was worth a first round pick. We'll never know for sure what HH would do if he ran the Andrews routes and Andrews was used primarily as a blocker.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    IMO, if we had reversed the roles of HH and Andrews, it is likely that HH would have similar production to Andrews's as a receiver. That's not a knock on Andrews whom I love, just a reflection on HH's receiving skill set that Ozzie felt was worth a first round pick. We'll never know for sure what HH would do if he ran the Andrews routes and Andrews was used primarily as a blocker.
    We can only speculate, but I don't think Hurst is the same dynamic guy that Andrews has proven himself to be. I just tend to agree with what Lax said, if he was this great player some folks seem to think he is, the team would be throwing to him more. Whether that is from Lamar going through progressions or plays designed to get him the ball...but it hasn't happened. Even in the playoff game when Andrews was gimpy, Andrews was the guy out there to start (we all remember the tipped ball on the first drive...) until it became obvious he was still hurt, and then they got Hurst in. If them going with a gimpy Andrews to start a divisional playoff game over a fully healthy Hurst doesn't say something about how they view them, I dunno what else would.

To be fair, Andrews is probably my favorite player on the team, so I am not unbiased on this.
    back on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ View Post
    Actually, Nick Boyle was a 5th Round pick (171st selection) in 2015, which was the same draft that Maxx Williams was already taken in the 2nd Round — similar to how Ed Dickson (3rd Round) & Dennis Pitta (4th Round) were drafted in 2010 previously, and then the most recent dual-TE draft thereafter of Hayden Hurst (1st Round) & Mark Andrews (3rd Round) in 2018.
    Ah, right. No offense Blue Hens fans.

I feel like they had an undrafted TE but can't remember who I may be thinking of. Crockett Gilmore was a late third rounder.

To your point, you can get a good TE in the third round if you hit the right year. For instance, in 2013 Tyler Eifert, Zach Ertz, Gavin Escobar, Vance McDonald, Travis Kelce, and Jordan Reed came off the board in the first three rounds.

Blog Entries

Completely absurd. Just bonkers

That's insane. Andrews is an absolute beast.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

I think some people here on this board really underrate Andrews and I don't know why. You can like Hurst and his ability/potential while also acknowledging he's nowhere near the player Andrews is. To me, based on the first two years, that is not opinion, that is fact.
    back on twitter

Agree with the room on this one. You can think that Hurst has untapped potential and is maybe more talented than the numbers indicate, but you just can't diminish how good both Andrews and Boyle have been for this team. Right now, he's our #3 TE.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I think some people here on this board really underrate Andrews and I don't know why. You can like Hurst and his ability/potential while also acknowledging he's nowhere near the player Andrews is. To me, based on the first two years, that is not opinion, that is fact.
    Andrews is a top 4 TE in the league and he's pushing Ertz for top 3.

Kelce and Kittle are ahead of him. Ertz might be. No one else is.

Andrews putting up those numbers and he's not even gertting full time snaps? Liek wtf, the guys a freak of nature.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

I don't like this idea. Really don't.