Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Offseason Most-Improved Prediction Thread

Holywood. He showed a lot of promise and could be a really valuable and dangerous weapon once completely healthy, and with more of a NFL body. Or he’s that Mark Clayton/Torrey Smith type. Pretty decent player, but not the true #1 with that sort of most every game he produces something consistency.

I have a hard time picturing anyone but Boykin really even being in a position to “win”this.., outside of that it would take a big injury and then maybe a guy like Hurst could make a leap, or Ben Powers, but Powers didn’t really play, and IMO, one had to have played, not so great, but a semi-significant am out. To earn most improved. Simply getting ones first shot isn’t really improving....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hurst, if he's not traded. Boykin and Hill are key. Ferguson and Bowser on D

i'm gonna try to pick someone who hasn't been picked yet, and go with Patrick Ricard.

by the end of last season he was no longer a two-way player and had cemented himself as the FB. it looks like he played defense all through college, and even though there's a lot of two-way players at the high school level, he was a defensive MVP twice in HS in his area, so i'm guessing his focus was on defense then too.

what will his first offseason focused solely on offense bring? he caught 8 of 11 passes last season but had zero carries. is the next big piece to this already all-time great run game a 300lb fullback getting a couple carries a game? who on a defense matches up with a 6'3" 300+lb receiver when he catches some passes out of the backfield? if they run the option with Ricard, who on your defense gets the unlucky assignment of either getting burned by LJ or steamrolled by Ricard? even if he only gets 3-4 carries a game, he still adds to the nightmare that is defending against this run game. so that's my pick for biggest WOW coming into TC (although they might keep his expanded role under wraps during the preseason) and the regular season.
    Last edited by PTORaven; 02-25-2020 at 12:29 PM.

I am picking a guy who already impressed in 2019 out of no where and might be seeing a starting role depending on Yanda's decision.

C Patrick Mekari. Undrafted guy who made the roster of the best team in the AFC last year, stepped in his first starting role against the best Dlineman in the league in Aaron Donald and held him to what one tackle. That is impressive.

Skura will be healthy and Mekari could easily be a new starting Right guard if Yanda retires or possibly take the starting C job who knows?
    Either way he impressed me last year and I could easily see him being better in 2020.