Blog Entries

Re: 2020 NFL Combine Thread

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    That is a big man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

A. McFarland from MD just ran a 4.45

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    How many yards did it take him to stop? That’s a freight train.

7. Re: 2020 NFL Combine Thread

At RB, AJ Dillon has some really good numbers.

He's a big back, I'd argue that the Ravens are basically set on offense, but we know that the Ravens like the big back, but they're set with Gus Edwards, but if they weren't, I like AJ Dillon's numbers. 6'0 247. 247 is heavy. 4.53 40. That's a really good number for a 247 pound running back. And he had the best Vert - 41 (and that's at 247), and the best Broad = 131 inches. He's got numbers very similar to Derrick Henry. Both 247, but Dillon is 3 inches shorter at 6'0. Dillon slightly faster 4.53 to 4.54. Slightly better broad jump - 131 to 130. A better vert, 41 to 37. One more bench, 23 to 22. Really similar. And Dillon had a lot of production in college as did Henry. 1500 yards twice, 1000 yards three times.

Do the Ravens have the room for another big back? Certainly he's a type that pairs well with Lamar. But the

On the Ravens, Gus is the closest compare, he was 229 at his pro day, 4.52 40, 123 broad, 34.5 vert, 17 bench. Henry and Dillon are very close, and Gus is of the type, but it seems to me that, at least just looking at the combine, pro day numbers, Dillon and Henry have the better numbers. I'd bet that when the sparq numbers come out, Dillon is top 10%, maybe top 1%. There are very few 247+ pound players who can jump 41. Looking at the combine, this year, that 41 is 4th best. 3 WRs have better verts, Ruggs had a great 42 and the same 131 broad as Dillon. Ruggs is 188 pounds and Dillon is 247 pounds. Dillons greater weight means that Dillon has a higher sparq at those jumps.

I'm thinking the Ravens should take him. He's rare. He does something the Ravens value. They do value big powerful running.

Maybe the Ravens can make old-fashioned fullback - important, full-time position, a thing again. For decades, many teams had their fullback as their leading rusher. Jim Brown was a fullback, Harris, Czonka, Riggins, Van Eeghan. They were typically 230 pounds, and weren't generally all that short. The Ravens could have some players play both FB and RB and others play one or the other. FB - Ricard, Dillon, Edwards. RB - Ingram, Hill, Edwards, Dillon.

Blog Entries

The addition of a top tier RB would vault an already dominant run game into the stratosphere.

It would likely reduce Lamar read-option carries.

I’m a BPA guy thru and thru so IF Swift or Taylor are BPA I would be all for it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post

He's a big back, I'd argue that the Ravens are basically set on offense, but we know that the Ravens like the big back, but they're set with Gus Edwards, but if they weren't, I like AJ Dillon's numbers. 6'0 247. 247 is heavy. 4.53 40. That's a really good number for a 247 pound running back. And he had the best Vert - 41 (and that's at 247), and the best Broad = 131 inches. He's got numbers very similar to Derrick Henry. Both 247, but Dillon is 3 inches shorter at 6'0. Dillon slightly faster 4.53 to 4.54. Slightly better broad jump - 131 to 130. A better vert, 41 to 37. One more bench, 23 to 22. Really similar. And Dillon had a lot of production in college as did Henry. 1500 yards twice, 1000 yards three times.

Do the Ravens have the room for another big back? Certainly he's a type that pairs well with Lamar. But the

On the Ravens, Gus is the closest compare, he was 229 at his pro day, 4.52 40, 123 broad, 34.5 vert, 17 bench. Henry and Dillon are very close, and Gus is of the type, but it seems to me that, at least just looking at the combine, pro day numbers, Dillon and Henry have the better numbers. I'd bet that when the sparq numbers come out, Dillon is top 10%, maybe top 1%. There are very few 247+ pound players who can jump 41. Looking at the combine, this year, that 41 is 4th best. 3 WRs have better verts, Ruggs had a great 42 and the same 131 broad as Dillon. Ruggs is 188 pounds and Dillon is 247 pounds. Dillons greater weight means that Dillon has a higher sparq at those jumps.

I'm thinking the Ravens should take him. He's rare. He does something the Ravens value. They do value big powerful running.

Maybe the Ravens can make old-fashioned fullback - important, full-time position, a thing again. For decades, many teams had their fullback as their leading rusher. Jim Brown was a fullback, Harris, Czonka, Riggins, Van Eeghan. They were typically 230 pounds, and weren't generally all that short. The Ravens could have some players play both FB and RB and others play one or the other. FB - Ricard, Dillon, Edwards. RB - Ingram, Hill, Edwards, Dillon.
    Dillon is def someone to keep an eye on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

So I've always been an AJ Dillon fan, but assumed he'd be unathletic by NFL standards. He is quickly shooting up my RB board. That's a hell of a battering ram.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    How many yards did it take him to stop? That’s a freight train.
    He'll need that speed to chase down guys after Mayfield INTs

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post

Good find. I’ve always been partial to big running backs.