Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: 2020 NFL Combine Thread

Holy... I think the whole board assume that list was supposed to read down to 1...

So can’t say I agree with you Ed, but you watch more college football than I do, so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Holy... I think the whole board assume that list was supposed to read down to 1...

So can’t say I agree with you Ed, but you watch more college football than I do, so...

It's all good.
    Rookie QB production and career production seldom reflect the 'accepted' chalk QB draft rankings/draft selections.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    It's all good.
    Rookie QB production and career production seldom reflect the 'accepted' chalk QB draft rankings/draft selections.
    No they don’t, but risk is a big factor here.

Burrow is a polished passer and dominated the SEC, but he’s a 1-yr wonder. It’s a risk.

Tua has the intangibles you want and if he can get back to where he was pre-injury, he could turn into a pretty good starter. However, that hip injury is a huge risk.

Honestly, Herbert might be the least risky QB in this draft.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Look at 2018 Jordan Love

Love is reminder about recency bias. The perception of Jordan Love in his Junior year is different from Jordan Love currently.....
    Look at 2018 Jordan Love
    I dont have an opinion, never seen a snap of Jordan Love playing. But, seems to me that if you feel he looked significantly better in 2018 than '19, then in order to be comfortable with him as a prospect -- in order to feel confident about drafting him -- you'd need a story about WHY he played better in '18.

Was there injury? Coaching regime change? WRs graduate? O-line lose a lot of talent? What's the mitigating factor?

Blog Entries

Look at 2018 Jordan Love
    Here is a PFF article on Jordan Love.

https://www.pff.com/news/college-buy...qb-jordan-love

Some interesting snippets -

Bottom Line from PFF - Love looks the part in favorable situations but collapses when he has to make a play himself.

So, what happened from 2018 to 2019 that caused the regression?

First, he was under pressure 7% more this season as opposed to last – going from the third-lowest rate to the 34th-lowest.

Love saw an increase of his passes going to a tight window – after hovering around the FBS average in 2018, the rate at which Love targeted a receiver with separation dropped 5% to one of the 10 lowest in the FBS. However, we must consider that this isn’t really on the receivers themselves, but on Love himself.

when going to his first read. Love’s PFF grade took an insane hit in this category, dropping from 85.0 last season to 69.8 this year (would be far and away the lowest among the last three draft classes’ top quarterbacks).

There were an insane number of throws made by Love to his first read this season that were just head-scratchers – some where the play was nowhere near to being fully developed, thus causing an unnecessary tight window throw. There were eight turnover-worthy plays of Love’s in 2019 that were to his first read, under 2.0 seconds, and into a tight window.
    Love’s decision-making and accuracy on his horizontal lead passes (throws in which he is leading the receiver across the field, like crossers, slants, etc.) was significantly worse....the findings on Love are a big red flag. He had seven interceptions on horizontal lead passes in 2019 that were solely his fault – not his receiver, not a great play by the defense, but a pass that was either an overthrow, underthrow, ball thrown behind the receiver, misread in coverage, etc. He had zero of these on horizontal lead passes in 2018.
    There have been a lot of forceful throws and desperation heaves from Love into double or triple coverage when under duress and has resulted in 44.3% of his pressured attempts being an uncatchable pass. That’s 3% higher than any of the top quarterback prospects in 2019 and any quarterback taken in the first three rounds of the last four NFL drafts.

On the plus side:

When the receiver has separation, Love has thrown some absolute strikes. In fact, when he has targeted a receiver with a step or more of separation, Love has the second most big-time throws in the FBS
    Another alluring quality of Love’s is his pocket presence, which is one of the best in college football...Love has been superior in having pressure not turn into a sack, as just 15.5% of his pressured dropbacks have resulted in one – 3% lower than the FBS average.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

There are legion that have been fooled by combine performances - going both ways.

Look at the production the players have done over their college careers and weigh that with the off field interviews etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I dont have an opinion, never seen a snap of Jordan Love playing. But, seems to me that if you feel he looked significantly better in 2018 than '19, then in order to be comfortable with him as a prospect -- in order to feel confident about drafting him -- you'd need a story about WHY he played better in '18.

Was there injury? Coaching regime change? WRs graduate? O-line lose a lot of talent? What's the mitigating factor?
    Yes.

All of it, name it, take your pick.

He’s not out there throwing to Chase+Jefferson or Juedy+Ruggs or even a CD Lamb

“he loses his top four receivers from last season and will be working behind an offensive line that returns just one player with starting experience”

Also lost the offense minds on the staff to Texas Tech....Wells and Yost (HC and OC).
    Last edited by edromeo; 02-26-2020 at 09:05 PM.

Blog Entries

I haven’t had a chance to look, anyone know the combine measurements for Josh Uche?
    Josh Uche 6-1 2/8 245 33 5/8" 80"

Jordan Love is appealing if you think he can be taught how to play QB the "right way". It's hard to coach bad habits out.

Blog Entries

Looking forward to seeing a future Raven’s WR tomorrow

👀 Jalen Reagor, Ruggs, Van Jefferson

Hometown(ish) kid from RI - Aaron Parker

“he loses his top four receivers from last season and will be working behind an offensive line that returns just one player with starting experience”

Also lost the offense minds on the staff to Texas Tech -- Wells and Yost (HC and OC).
    Yeesh.

Alright, that's a case. You've made it.