Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Or Zadarius?

Re: Ravens Expected to Franchise Judon

Lack of options forced this

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think they trade him.

Been reading online that the Dolphins might be interested. Lots of picks and cap space.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Lack of options forced this
    It really did. If Bowser or whoever had a 10 sack campaign and was a menace they wouldn’t lose any sleep over Judon. He’s just all they have.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    It really did. If Bowser or whoever had a 10 sack campaign and was a menace they wouldn’t lose any sleep over Judon. He’s just all they have.
    Bowser did have 5 sacks in about half the snaps that Judon got his 9.5.

His QB hits and tackles for loss don't extrapolate out as well though.

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    Bowser did have 5 sacks in about half the snaps that Judon got his 9.5.

His QB hits and tackles for loss don't extrapolate out as well though.
    I read/heard a theory that Baltimore should treat Edge like a Shanahan offense treats Rb’s. Draft a couple mid round guys every year and 4 cheap years later let them walk and take the mid round comp pick in return. If we keep stocking the secondary and keeping a NT like BWil around I could see it making sense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Would you rather have Mosley or Thomas?

Honestly I didn’t really want either but that doesn’t mean I wasn’t surprised. They offered Mosley a lot of money to stay. That was the deal they worked on the hardest. They weren’t thinking if if didn’t work out they would sign Thomas. That only came up later when the Browns were trying to close a deal with Thomas and couldn’t. By then Mosley was a Jet.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Would you rather have Mosley or Thomas?

At this stage in their careers? Mosely.

I've never been a fan of huge money for ILB's...so I wasn't a fan of the insane money being offered and then accepted by CJ. But I feel the same about safety and it's unfortunate this team has been so bad at drafting safeties for the last 10 or so years that they had to spend a ton of money for other teams expensive UFA's lately. The last satisfactory safety we've had before Chuck Clark that we drafted was Ruki.

Right now, the age difference is what makes me prefer Mosely for right now.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Irrespective of the other talent on the team franchising Judon makes a ton of sense if you have the cap space. It's basically what it would cost his replacement anyways and it's a one year deal and because of that he has trade value as well.

Blog Entries

Tag Judon and it will soften negotiations for a long term. Simple business.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Tag Judon and it will soften negotiations for a long term. Simple business.
    It will? That didn’t work with Clowney or Dee Ford or a Frank Clark. The tag doesn’t help you sign a player. It just gives the a very high average that they want to start the negotiations at.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I read/heard a theory that Baltimore should treat Edge like a Shanahan offense treats Rb’s. Draft a couple mid round guys every year and 4 cheap years later let them walk and take the mid round comp pick in return. If we keep stocking the secondary and keeping a NT like BWil around I could see it making sense.

The difference here is you can find decent RBs relatively easily all over the draft or even undrafted. I feel like you just aren't typically finding great pass rushers in the mid rounds (feel free to correct me), or you'll find a guy, but it takes him 2-3 years to develop (like Zadarius) so you maybe get one highly productive year out of it. We've hit on a few over the years but I'm not sure that's a sustainable path to pass rush success. If you wanted to take that approach with first round pass rushers, maybe.

I think you'd generally end up with a lot more Tim Williams types than Zadarius Smith's or Pernell McPhee's.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52