Page 1 of 13 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Ravens Expected to Franchise Judon

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-...143918745.html

Report: Ravens are expected to franchise tag Matthew Judon

Jamison Hensley of ESPN.com reports that the Ravens are expected to use the franchise tag on linebacker Matthew Judon. Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said last month that the team would try to re-sign Judon, but that it would be “very hard” to pull it off.

Judon had 9.5 sacks and four forced fumbles during the 2019 season.

That production makes it easy to understand why the Ravens would move to ensure Judon doesn’t walk away as a free agent, but it may not ensure his return to Baltimore for the 2020 season. There was word last month that the team would consider tagging Judon and trading him to another team.

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Expected to Franchise Judon

I kind of figured this was a foregone conclusion. Will make it tough to sign any other high$ guys, unless it's a tag and trade...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

We gotta be all in on 2020

Is there any actual new revelation in this?

Blog Entries

The Ravens haven’t tagged any player in a very long time. I remember McAlister and Suggs and Ngata and Rice all being tagged in a row. Then there was about a 5 year gap until they tagged Tucker who as a kicker want that huge cap burden the way the others were. Its been about 4 years since that happened.

I’m a bit surprised that they would spend that kind of cap space on Judon and refused to on Mosley. I do think that it will be easier to tag and trade than it was in years past given the huge amount of available cap space across the league. That’s mentioned at the end of the article and I hope that’s how this all goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The Ravens haven’t tagged any player in a very long time. I remember McAlister and Suggs and Ngata and Rice all being tagged in a row. Then there was about a 5 year gap until they tagged Tucker who as a kicker want that huge cap burden the way the others were. Its been about 4 years since that happened.

I’m a bit surprised that they would spend that kind of cap space on Judon and refused to on Mosley. I do think that it will be easier to tag and trade than it was in years past given the huge amount of available cap space across the league. That’s mentioned at the end of the article and I hope that’s how this all goes down.
    Thanks for the perspective

Who is going to rush the passer if we lose Judon? A lot of the other pass rushers will demand more money.

Quote Originally Posted by apple1088 View Post
    Who is going to rush the passer if we lose Judon? A lot of the other pass rushers will demand more money.
    If we could even be sure of getting Jones for $5-7 million/year more it would be worth it but we would be playing roulette.

Blog Entries

I think they trade him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

We didnt have the cap room to tag Mosley

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    We didnt have the cap room to tag Mosley
    We absolutely did. How do you think they were able to sign Earl Thomas? That was from all the money that was available because they didn't franchise or sign Mosley.

We absolutely did. How do you think they were able to sign Earl Thomas? That was from all the money that was available because they didn't franchise or sign Mosley.
    Would you rather have Mosley or Thomas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk