2020 Board mock draft?

First: Let me congratulate you guys on Lamar jackson. What an amazing phenom and season you had. Congrats. I've always followed the Ravens, being a huge Ozzy Newsome fan back in the day.

Hi everyone. I'm sorry if there is already a thread on this, but I looked and didn't find one specifically.

Will there be a board mock draft this year?

I've participated here the past few years and offered the services of a google docs spreadsheet that's pretty awesome. I think most people liked it.

Well if there will be a board mock this year, I'd like to hop in. I'm doing a big 7-round draft elsewhere and I selected Baltimore as my team there. So I'll be reading a lot here in these forums, gentlemen. I need to cherry pick off your points of view in the other draft threads.

If we do a mock, I'd take the NY Jets here, if available. Hopefully it can be 4 full rounds like last year (we actually made it to round 5, pick #6), but at least 3 rounds, which is about 100 picks.

Here's the link to last year's spread sheet. Check it out.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

The spreadsheet will contain all draft picks including NFL announced comp picks and any traded picks among teams up to the time of the mock. It will be ready to use after the the 1st flood of free agency. I usually begin 2 weeks after the free agency busy period, so that we know the real needs of teams, and on a Monday (weekends are very slow) which would be March 30th this year. By then, the NFL has announced the comp picks and any trades made will be worked into the spreadsheet. I would think the forum Mock Draft would go from Monday 3/30 right up to the day of the actual draft, giving us 3 and a half weeks - plenty of time to do it comfortably if everyone checks in and sends a quick PM to the next guy up.

Anyway, let me know, and thanks in advance for helping me out with my Ravens picks elsewhere when the time comes.

Dcat
    (David)
    Last edited by Dcat; 02-23-2020 at 12:53 PM.

Re: 2020 Board mock draft?

p.s. click on the "draft by team" bottom tab of the spreadsheet and you can see how well or poorly everyone did in last year's mock. For example, I had the Bills and I nailed it on Ed Oliver. I also had the Steelers and nailed their 1st round pick Devin Bush as well. Some of us did pretty well. Others not so much. always fun.

Added benefit: you learn al ot about the mid rounds when doing your research, especially when you've neglectd college ball too much last fall. That's how this whole thing evolved for me.

Yessir - I decided to wait till after the combine. Will be launching middle of next week and will start the prep probably on Friday-Saturday.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

OK then, No spreadsheet then for that one. It won't be ready until after the comp picks are assigned and the first week of FA is over. (I don't create it.) It's not available until about then.

So if you do a later, 2nd second mock to start about 3/31 and run for 3 weeks, then I'll be glad to hop in and use the spreadsheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dcat View Post
    OK then, No spreadsheet then for that one. It won't be ready until after the comp picks are assigned and the first week of FA is over. (I don't create it.) It's not available until about then.

So if you do a later, 2nd second mock to start about 3/31 and run for 3 weeks, then I'll be glad to hop in and use the spreadsheet.
    We usually do 2. I'd like to do 1 3-rounder and then another 2 rounder before the draft.

Welcome back Dcat! You were missed.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Back in the saddle again. I'm certainly interested.

I’d love the Dolphins, though I’m sure everyone else would too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Re: 2020 Board mock draft?

I will join in on the festivities

Just no one say the words "Daniel Jones" to GWNR. It's triggering.
    "Chin up, chest out."