Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Sign Taysom Hill?

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    best fit IMO is NE with a team that loves running gadget plays
    Or us, you know, cause we need to improve our WR group and all?

He seems like he will be expensive for what he is. He is “a nice piece” when he’s a minimum salary UDFA Gem, but this almost 30 year old dude with no position is probably going to get $20m or more.... not per year but actual cash in the next couple years before he’s cut for cap savings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson8 View Post
    With one of the deepest and strongest WR class draft coming and you want to sign an old guy who has a few snaps at wr?

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    It’s an interesting idea. He’d be a backup who could be a gadget player in every game. Probably going to be too rich for their blood. While it would be entertaining, it doesn’t really make a ton of sense though unless he can get after the other team’s QB too.
    Funny thing is, I believe he could. He plays QB,RB,TE,WR and ST. I think he would probably be able to get a few reps in at OLB 😂

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Rather put the money into pass rusher
    I'm feeling the same. It's a glaring need.

Sent from my SM-J337P using Tapatalk

6. Re: Sign Taysom Hill?

Taysom Hill, as pass catcher, caught 6 TD passes last year.

I like him, and I like players like him, players who can go out there at QB and can go out there and catch passes at WR. Taysom Hill isn't the only player who can do that. If you watch XFL, you can see Quinton Flowers and Keenan Reynolds. And in the draft this year, Malcolm Perry, Lynn Bowden, Khalil Tate.

The Ravens kinda sorta need to improve at WR, but really only kinda sorta. Hollywood, Boykin, Snead look good enough to me, and the Ravens could add QB/WR/RB/KR/PR/ST players.

7. Re: Sign Taysom Hill?

Quote Originally Posted by defiance211 View Post
    Funny thing is, I believe he could. He plays QB,RB,TE,WR and ST. I think he would probably be able to get a few reps in at OLB ��
    Agreed. I generally believe that Taysom Hill could have some success as a blitzer, but I generally believe that players on offense who are fast, high sparq, etc, can have success at blitzing.

8. Re: Sign Taysom Hill?

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    With one of the deepest and strongest WR class draft coming and you want to sign an old guy who has a few snaps at wr?
    There isn't really a glaring need at WR. The Ravens do not need to use a high draft pick on WR.

The Ravens just spent a 1st on a WR, and a 3rd, and resigned Snead. There you go, all good. There are roster spots for WRs, and I see no reason why QB/WRs can't take those spots.

Rushing is just one element he would bring. I’m thinking his primary role would be to improve our WR group. He’s a good receiver. Running, playing QB, defense, etc etc are just extra benefits
    LOL. Seriously?? Hill would improve our WR group??? He wants to start and get paid. Why would he come here as a gadget player. Scheme wise it makes no sense.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

I like how people think that Taysom Hill is a valuable piece in the Saints offense while they wouldn't miss a beat without him and would probably be better without this gimmick plays.