Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Sign Taysom Hill?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Rather put the money into pass rusher
    I'm with Baldy on this too... Bc

Re: Sign Taysom Hill?

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    If he was a UFA, I'd be interested. As an RFA, I don't see it being feasible. They're at least going to hit him with a 2nd round tender and wouldn't be shocked if it's a 1st either. I'd think there's interest and that we'd at least call to see what it would take via trade once his RFA status is settled.
    Also Hill is going to want to join a team where he has a chance to start. I can't see him signing with the Ravens where he will continue to play the same role as in New Orleans.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    If he was a UFA, I'd be interested. As an RFA, I don't see it being feasible. They're at least going to hit him with a 2nd round tender and wouldn't be shocked if it's a 1st either. I'd think there's interest and that we'd at least call to see what it would take via trade once his RFA status is settled.
    There is a strong rumor that it will be a 1st round tender if they can’t extend Hill. It’s $3.2 million for the 2nd round and $4.6 for the 1st. That’s not that much more.

Blog Entries

why would a team with the best rushing attack in the league need a gadget player? You want to take the ball out of Lamar's hands, the guy who helped them set records for 4th down conversions?

I'd argue the teams that have zero use for him would be Ravens, Chiefs, 9ers...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Hill is probably staying to be drews successor at some point

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    why would a team with the best rushing attack in the league need a gadget player? You want to take the ball out of Lamar's hands, the guy who helped them set records for 4th down conversions?

I'd argue the teams that have zero use for him would be Ravens, Chiefs, 9ers...
    Rushing is just one element he would bring. I’m thinking his primary role would be to improve our WR group. He’s a good receiver. Running, playing QB, defense, etc etc are just extra benefits

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Hill is probably staying to be drews successor at some point
    I don’t think he’s a franchise QB. That’s just the Saints pumping sunshine to increase his trade value. If they saw him as a future QB they wouldn’t have gone to Bridgewater when Brees missed those 5 games

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Also Hill is going to want to join a team where he has a chance to start. I can't see him signing with the Ravens where he will continue to play the same role as in New Orleans.
    Eh I have a hard time believing any team will view him as such. His value is in his versatility. 13 passing attempts in 2 years with Brees shelved for a significant time last year? Don't think anyone is looking at him as a true QB, and I wouldn't be either.

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson8 View Post
    I don’t think he’s a franchise QB. That’s just the Saints pumping sunshine to increase his trade value. If they saw him as a future QB they wouldn’t have gone to Bridgewater when Brees missed those 5 games
    Not sure if any team would want to trade for him though. He definitely is a solid versatile player but I think teams would prefer to find their own Taysom Hill at a cheaper price but you never know.

best fit IMO is NE with a team that loves running gadget plays

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson8 View Post
    Hill is making less than a million per year right now. It shouldn't take too much more money unless he gets offered crazy starting QB bucks somewhere which I don't see happening. He's worth a few million for his all around play. He's restricted FA though, and don't know what the Saints will put on him. I wouldn't give up a 1st for him, but maybe a 2nd?
    I wouldn't even give up a second. JR will give you 19 guys you can get for free that can do Taysom Hill stuff.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Rather put the money into pass rusher
    I appreciate you not specifying Judon

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk