Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sign Taysom Hill?

One of the guys on NFL Total Access picked the Ravens to sign Taysom Hill. What do you guys think? We could use him as a gadget like the Saints do or as a backup QB. He’s a solid WR/TE type, runner, has good arm strength. He could add a lot of flexibility to our offense and give us another good receiving threat

Re: Sign Taysom Hill?

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson8 View Post
    One of the guys on NFL Total Access picked the Ravens to sign Taysom Hill. What do you guys think? We could use him as a gadget like the Saints do or as a backup QB. He’s a solid WR/TE type, runner, has good arm strength. He could add a lot of flexibility to our offense and give us another good receiving threat
    I think it’s just the offseason and the Network needs content to talk about.

It’s an interesting idea. He’d be a backup who could be a gadget player in every game. Probably going to be too rich for their blood. While it would be entertaining, it doesn’t really make a ton of sense though unless he can get after the other team’s QB too.

Hill is making less than a million per year right now. It shouldn't take too much more money unless he gets offered crazy starting QB bucks somewhere which I don't see happening. He's worth a few million for his all around play. He's restricted FA though, and don't know what the Saints will put on him. I wouldn't give up a 1st for him, but maybe a 2nd?

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    It’s an interesting idea. He’d be a backup who could be a gadget player in every game. Probably going to be too rich for their blood. While it would be entertaining, it doesn’t really make a ton of sense though unless he can get after the other team’s QB too.
    He did block a punt this year

6. Re: Sign Taysom Hill?

I like Taysom Hill. I also think the Ravens should add more players to the roster who are Taysom Hill types, able to be a backup qb and also able to play special teams and also play at RB or WR or another skill position.

But I also think that other teams can use a Taysom Hill type, like Taysom Hill. And I wonder why the NFL media doesn't understand that other teams besides the Ravens can use Taysom Hill and Taysom Hill types. Is Greg Roman really the only NFL coach who can get value from Taysom Hill? I'd think that there are plenty of teams in the NFL who Taysom Hill could start for and get more wins for if there's a coach who can do run first offense w/ running QBs.

It would be nice in theory but we had 2 mobile back up QBs last season and we never tried to do anything interesting with them.
    Also, Hill is going to get paid a lot next year and we have too many things we need to do with our cap space.

If we can’t have a controversy about our first string QB, can we at least have one about our second string?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

What about the Houston XFL guy? They can't risk RG3 playing again.

Sure. I'd love to see him here. A major step up from Robert Griffin.

However, there's this little thing called a salary cap: re-signing Judon is the highest priority. Moreover, anyone trying to sign him would have to pay an above market premium to outbid the Saints, who are offering Hill a long term extension to replace Brees when his time is up.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Rather put the money into pass rusher

If he was a UFA, I'd be interested. As an RFA, I don't see it being feasible. They're at least going to hit him with a 2nd round tender and wouldn't be shocked if it's a 1st either. I'd think there's interest and that we'd at least call to see what it would take via trade once his RFA status is settled.