Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hayden Hurst: What a Story!

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

2. Re: Hayden Hurst: What a Story!

What a story -- and great reminder that the players we root for are first and foremost, human beings, which we seem too often to forget. They struggle like you and I, and in some cases, their struggles are daunting. So it is nice to hear a story about Hurst overcoming such adversity.

Re: Hayden Hurst: What a Story!

Quote Originally Posted by phkiernan View Post
    What a story -- and great reminder that the players we root for are first and foremost, human beings, which we seem too often to forget. They struggle like you and I, and in some cases, their struggles are daunting. So it is nice to hear a story about Hurst overcoming such adversity.
    A thousand times this...completely agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blog Entries

He's a brave person for telling such a personal story, and I really respect him for it. Good for Tony for highlighting it too. As a Ravens fan, I hope he has a breakout season this year. The guy can flat out play, so I hope to see him targeted a lot more and given more chances to prove himself on the field.

I wish he understood what he means to Ravens Nation. Bigs hugs and prayers Hayden. IMO you are our best TE. Stay with us. We need you!

Sent from my SM-J337P using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by phkiernan View Post
    Well said/written! I suppose we sometimes look at our sports "heroes" as toys in a game we watch for pleasure. Of course they're people with the same hardships we face, but we may tend to ignore that because they're financially more well-off than we are. Hurst's story is daunting, but inspiring... Bc

Blog Entries

Arguably, the hardest thing for a man to do, when facing psychological and emotional adversity, is to admit that he's overwhelmed and vulnerable. For centuries, that was seen as a sign of weakness. However, it is a very important step to truly overcoming the issue itself.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Cream rises to the top

Love Ginger Thor. And love seeing him use his platform to speak out about his mental health. Hopefully, more will continue to do so. It doesn't make anyone less tough or less of a man.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

His story was on local TV in Jacksonville - he graduated from a local Jacksonville power house private high school. It takes a lot of strength to overcome his issues.

11. Re: Hayden Hurst: What a Story!

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Love Ginger Thor.
    I think he prefers "Garnet Thor". I just knock out that extra 't' and spell it "GarneThor", myself.

GarneThor (Link to Summer 2018 Baltimore Ravens official tweet referring to him by said moniker)

Ben Rosen's 2018 Ravens rookie class cartoon collectible cards creation:

(Feel free to right-click & view image, then zoom to see larger version.)

Quote Originally Posted by ⋔ 4 ℞ ℞ $ View Post
    I think he prefers "Garnet Thor". I just knock out that extra 't' and spell it "GarneThor", myself.

GarneThor (Link to Summer 2018 Baltimore Ravens official tweet referring to him by said moniker)

Ben Rosen's 2018 Ravens rookie class cartoon collectible cards creation:

(Feel free to right-click & view image, then zoom to see larger version.)
    Lol I love Zeus Jr's

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk