Blog Entries

MD Medical Marijuana

Does anyone else have a MD medical card and frequent the dispensaries around the area?

Any good deals/strains/etc.?

We have a few dispensaries around SoMD, only one here in Calvert, but a few in Charles. I usually go to Greenwave as it is the closest to me. Great service, not sure how they compare on price as I just got my card in December and haven't hit any others up yet. Big fan of Verano's Mag Landrace, which is stanky af but the high is incredible. Also have had good luck with Curio and Culta. Not too big on SunMed, most of what I've tried from them has been bone dry.

If you don't have one but are interested I can help - the state is full of these shady "pay $200 for a recommendation" doctors, you don't even really need a documented qualifying condition. My consultation was over video chat (I think they banned that recently tho) with a nurse who's face I couldn't even fully see, and I just told her I had back pain (which is true, although I never go to my real doctor so my documented history of it was nada) and they said okay and gave me a MMJ recommendation. Took all of five minutes. Didn't have to present any paperwork or medical history or anything lol.

Or am I the only stoner here?
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Re: MD Medical Marijuana

There are a few dispensaries in Frederick, MD.

I dont have a license though...just not my thing. Can't say that I know anyone else that does.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Does anyone else have a MD medical card and frequent the dispensaries around the area?

We have a few dispensaries around SoMD, only one here in Calvert, but a few in Charles. I usually go to Greenwave as it is the closest to me. Great service, not sure how they compare on price as I just got my card in December and haven't hit any others up yet. Big fan of Verano's Mag Landrace, which is stanky af but the high is incredible. Also have had good luck with Curio and Culta. Not too big on SunMed, most of what I've tried from them has been bone dry.

If you don't have one but are interested I can help - the state is full of these shady "pay $200 for a recommendation" doctors, you don't even really need a documented qualifying condition. My consultation was over video chat (I think they banned that recently tho) with a nurse who's face I couldn't even fully see, and I just told her I had back pain (which is true, although I never go to my real doctor so my documented history of it was nada) and they said okay and gave me a MMJ recommendation. Took all of five minutes. Didn't have to present any paperwork or medical history or anything lol.

Im kinda scared to get a card for many reasons.

One of which is I read somewhere that you have to sign away your right to legally purchase a gun to get one (in MD anyway). I don't like guns, nor do I even own one. But signing away my 2nd Amendment right so I can chill a little bit seems a step to far.

Shits gonna be legal within a couple years anyway, I'll wait.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Im kinda scared to get a card for many reasons.

One of which is I read somewhere that you have to sign away your right to legally purchase a gun to get one (in MD anyway). I don't like guns, nor do I even own one. But signing away my 2nd Amendment right so I can chill a little bit seems a step to far.

Shits gonna be legal within a couple years anyway, I'll wait.
    Is that true? I haven't heard that.

Edit: I guess it is true. But it is due to the Federal Gun Control Act.

https://mmcc.maryland.gov/Pages/patients_faq.aspx

Is it lawful for a medical cannabis patient to own or possess a firearm?

No. Federal law bars medical cannabis patients from purchasing or possessing firearms. The Federal Gun Control Act, 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(3), prohibits any person who is an ‘unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance (as defined in section 102 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 U.S.C. 802)’ from shipping, transporting, receiving or possessing firearms or ammunition. Marijuana is listed in the Controlled Substances Act as a Schedule I controlled substance, and there are no exceptions in Federal law for marijuana purportedly used for medicinal purposes, even if such use is sanctioned by State law.

Medical cannabis patient information contained in Maryland’s patient registry is considered confidential, protected health information and held in compliance with federal HIPAA regulations by the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission. However, the Maryland State Police query individuals who seek to purchase a gun about their status as a medical cannabis patient and bar those who disclose that they are medical cannabis patients from making the transaction. Individuals who provide false information by failing to disclose that they are a medical cannabis patient when purchasing a firearm are in violation of federal statute, punishable by up to 10 years in prison and a fine of as much as $250,000.​

If I'm mis-reading that, please let me know.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Is that true? I haven't heard that.

Edit: I guess it is true. But it is due to the Federal Gun Control Act.

https://mmcc.maryland.gov/Pages/patients_faq.aspx

If I'm mis-reading that, please let me know.
    Yeah, that looks like what I read. It was a couple years ago that I was researching it and it was a hard pass once I saw that.

Blog Entries

Yeah, until it's legal federally, can't own a gun. I don't, so it's no big deal for me. My wife didn't want to get one because she didn't want her name going on a registry lol. I live right next door to my parents and my dad has a full arsenal so I'm good if we ever had a need for a weapon.

The most interesting thing to me has been going to the dispensary and seeing the type of people that come in. It's really all types, you got your older guys who look they've done construction type stuff their whole lives, you got your really old people(70+) who look like Willie Nelson and have probably smoked their whole lives, you got the younger people who are probably like me and kind of hoodwinking the system, it's just not what I expected at all lol.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

I used to use it just for the high but it really does help my back and various other pains I've started to have as I enter my mid 30s. I'm really now a believer in the medicinal properties of it. Sometimes it makes me super anxious/paranoid randomly and I wish it wouldn't do that, but small price to pay for the relief I get.
    back on twitter

I used to use it just for the high but it really does help my back and various other pains I've started to have as I enter my mid 30s. I'm really now a believer in the medicinal properties of it. Sometimes it makes me super anxious/paranoid randomly and I wish it wouldn't do that, but small price to pay for the relief I get.
    Yeah, that's my issue anymore. Sometimes the shit is just too damn strong.

Ive found CBD to have all the positive medicinal benefits without the anxious feelings. Doesn't get you high though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Yeah, that's my issue anymore. Sometimes the shit is just too damn strong.

Ive found CBD to have all the positive medicinal benefits without the anxious feelings. Doesn't get you high though.
    Yeah, I feel you on that. There is a strain I've tried called Cannatonic that I like a lot. The one I had was put out by Willie's Reserve (yep, that Willie). It's a 1:1 THC:CBD. Gets you high but the balance of the CBD prevents you from getting *that* high. I like it a lot but it's expensive, $50 for a 1g vape cart or like $60 for 1/8th which is what, a couple joints or 5-6 bowls, so I've only had one cart of it.
    back on twitter

I have my medical card. I use Nature's Care and Wellness delivery the majority of the time. They're dispensary is located in Perryville but they deliver all over the state. They have some pretty solid deals throughout the week but Wednesday (25% off any 2 items) and Saturday (25% off loose concentrates) are the ones I take advantage of the most.

Mag Landrace is one of my favorite strains. I've noticed Verano bud is usually dry. Boveda humidity packs help with that though. Curio has been hit or miss for me. Culta is my favorite but recently they've teamed up with the Cookies brand from LA and it seems they're more interested in marketing. The Cookies strains are decent from what I hear but I refuse to pay $65-70 for an 1/8 of 13% THC bud. SunMids is probably the worst grower in the state IMO.

I've switched over to mostly concentrates. Less smell and more potent. Evermore, MPX, Cresco are all great. If you get a chance pick up Grassroots Garlic Cookies flower or concentrate. Odd smell/taste but really helps with pain and insomnia.