Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trade up to #2

Blog Entries

Re: Trade up to #2

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    We have the cap space to make up for lack of draft picks. IMO we need to go all in on winning a Superbowl within our window of opportunity before we have to pay LJ top dollar.
    I don't disagree with you about us having a 2-3 year window now before things get a lot more difficult, but this isn't realistic.

If you want to spur actual discussion then propose a trade to like 10 or the early teens for someone there. That is within the realm of possibility, though still extremely unlikely to happen.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Cool-x, the Ravens under the astute guidance of Eric DeCosta, trading up to the #2 pick has about as much chance as my sister-in-law looking like this come July 4th :

SMH... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    We have the cap space to make up for lack of draft picks. IMO we need to go all in on winning a Superbowl within our window of opportunity before we have to pay LJ top dollar.
    The Chiefs were in the same position last year. They cut name players who they felt weren't getting it done like Justin Houston and Eric Berry. They franchised traded Dee Ford for a high 2nd round pick and a player for Emmanuel Ogbah and then a 6th round pick for Darron Lee. They then traded a 1st round pick and 2nd round pick for Frank Clark. In free agency they paid big money for Tyrann Mathieu

That's a lot of moves using pretty much every type of transaction available. You have trades for picks, player for player trade, franchise tag, picks for players and expensive free agent additions. And this was just the start of the offseason. Right before the season they did other things like cutting Carlos Hyde and signing Leshaun McCoy. They also extended Harrison Butker and Tyreek Hill.

If you want to play the window game this is how you do it. Forget trading everything to move up in the draft. Focus and moves to bolster all the holes and take chances by getting rid of good players if they don't fit what you are trying to do.

what would it take to go get Bill Belichick?

i'm thinking our first three picks for 2020-2029 and Hayden Hurst.

what would it take to go get the entire Kansas City Chiefs team?

i'm thinking maybe like all future draft picks and maybe also Hayden Hurst or Nick Boyle.

might be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    what would it take to go get the entire Kansas City Chiefs team?

i'm thinking maybe like all future draft picks and maybe also Hayden Hurst or Nick Boyle.

might be worth it.
    Now Culex is going to have to scrap his post for tomorrow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Cool-x, the Ravens under the astute guidance of Eric DeCosta, trading up to the #2 pick has about as much chance as my sister-in-law looking like this come July 4th :

SMH... Bc
    I think this was meant for the other thread ... the one about the b job

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Trade up to #2

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I think this was meant for the other thread ... the one about the b job
    Rwt, actually it's quite a functional pic and can be used in several different ways ... Bc

9. Re: Trade up to #2

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    what would it take to go get Bill Belichick?

i'm thinking our first three picks for 2020-2029 and Hayden Hurst.
    Hurst no longer has any trade value, after Culex stuck that big giant fork in him last season. I think that's why he keeps trying to find a willing team to trade him to. No takers as of yet.

Bengals might take Young at #1 if Joe Burrow forces their hand

Quote Originally Posted by ActionJackson8 View Post
    Bengals might take Young at #1 if Joe Burrow forces their hand
    Why would he?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I don't disagree with you about us having a 2-3 year window now before things get a lot more difficult, but this isn't realistic.

If you want to spur actual discussion then propose a trade to like 10 or the early teens for someone there. That is within the realm of possibility, though still extremely unlikely to happen.
    Didn't the bears jump from #28 to #3 once?