Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: 105.7 The Fan New Lineup

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    Wish they's move Terry Ford to the 6-9 slot. I love Terry but 9-12 too late for this old fart most nights of the week.
    I like Terry a lot too. He knows his shit a bad let’s callers chat away for extended times

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Everyone has one so I'll drop trou and reveal my opinion.

I've basically stopped listening to the morning show. Ed Norris is a bit of a douche with irrelevant sports opinions--he seems to be there for the paycheck. He belongs on WBAL offering opinions on politics. Jerry Coleman is a complete moron. He is best suited at press conferences for comic relief. Rob Long has talent, but comes off as a bit impatient and arrogant in this setting.

Bob Haynie is the top talent on the station. He'd be better off without Vinny, who doesn't bring anything to the table.

Scott Garceau is way too classy for the job--happy to see him get the new gig.

Jeremy is the second best talent on the station. I agree with previous comments that he and Weinman are gold--I feel as though management won't put them together out of hubris--to prove they are smarter than the listeners.

I actually like LaCanfora. I know that's unpopular. I understand that his rumor mill isn't always right and he can be arrogant, but I like his opinions.

Terry Ford is under-appreciated. His time slot is tough.

One last thought: the promos that come out of their national organization are almost enough to make me write them off. They assume that their audience are testosterone-filled racists.

Bring zino back!

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Bring zino back!
    Noooooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Bring zino back!
    and Anita Marks what a smokeshow!

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Everyone has one so I'll drop trou and reveal my opinion.

I've basically stopped listening to the morning show. Ed Norris is a bit of a douche with irrelevant sports opinions--he seems to be there for the paycheck. He belongs on WBAL offering opinions on politics. Jerry Coleman is a complete moron. He is best suited at press conferences for comic relief. Rob Long has talent, but comes off as a bit impatient and arrogant in this setting.

Bob Haynie is the top talent on the station. He'd be better off without Vinny, who doesn't bring anything to the table.

Scott Garceau is way too classy for the job--happy to see him get the new gig.

Jeremy is the second best talent on the station. I agree with previous comments that he and Weinman are gold--I feel as though management won't put them together out of hubris--to prove they are smarter than the listeners.

I actually like LaCanfora. I know that's unpopular. I understand that his rumor mill isn't always right and he can be arrogant, but I like his opinions.

Terry Ford is under-appreciated. His time slot is tough.

One last thought: the promos that come out of their national organization are almost enough to make me write them off. They assume that their audience are testosterone-filled racists.
    One doesn't appreciate what talent exists on 105.7 until you get to a market the RELIES on CBS SN talent for most of their broadcast day.

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    Wish they's move Terry Ford to the 6-9 slot. I love Terry but 9-12 too late for this old fart most nights of the week.
    Terry Ford is awesome. He’s just a pure fan with a great sense of humor. And he doesn’t pretend to know more than what he really knows. He seems to have a good rapport with everyone that he has on and with the callers that call in. I think he’s the best on the station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://1057thefan.radio.com/node/46...33bde1a687e16e

They disabled the contact/comment section haha. They must be getting so much negative feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Terry Ford is awesome. He’s just a pure fan with a great sense of humor. And he doesn’t pretend to know more than what he really knows. He seems to have a good rapport with everyone that he has on and with the callers that call in. I think he’s the best on the station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Terry is hilarious and like you said he doesn't pretend to be something he's not. If you went out to a bar with Terry he'd be the exact same person he is on the show I bet.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S10 using Tapatalk

My first wife went to Kenwood with Terry (they were both voted "funniest" seniors). He is a genuine dude.

I will never forget the time during the 08 season when Ken Weinman asked Mark Clayton what it was like to have a "real, actual, playbook" now that Billick was gone and Cam Cameron was his OC.......Mark Clayton started laughing at Ken, Ken thought he was laughing with him......