Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 105.7 The Fan New Lineup

I still don't understand why the two people with the best chemistry arent together. Weinman and Conn is greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    I still don't understand why the two people with the best chemistry arent together. Weinman and Conn is greatness.
    My guess is their post 6:00 pm ratings are shit (surprise) and they are trying to get more listeners to stick around after drive time with the folks that love Jeremy.

I believe LaConfora's reputation is pretty good outside of this board as well, so there is a chance he may bring in more listeners as a "well-known" ESPN talking head.

I can't stand the Scott and Jeremy show. Anything that moves them off the afternoon slot is a positive in my book. Ken I sort of like. He can be annoying but Scott and Jeremy are just plain boring and their show really hasn't evolved.

Wish they's move Terry Ford to the 6-9 slot. I love Terry but 9-12 too late for this old fart most nights of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    My guess is their post 6:00 pm ratings are shit (surprise) and they are trying to get more listeners to stick around after drive time with the folks that love Jeremy.

I believe LaConfora's reputation is pretty good outside of this board as well, so there is a chance he may bring in more listeners as a "well-known" ESPN talking head.
    That could be it. nNow that the Ravens have a high-profile star at the QB position, they could be anticipating more interest in Ravens/Lamar related news and rumor from outside our area.

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    they should have reunited the playmakers show. Jeremy and Ken have good chemistry, although I realize their humor is not everyone's cup of tea. Unfortunately, now we get a show with the least accurate sports reporter in the country.
    co-sign

Playmakers was a great show. I'd love to see it come back.

I'll give the new afternoon drive show a chance though.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    "I suppose that in the end The Fan sought balance for their new 2-6PM slot. Now they have one guy who's never wrong and another who's never right."

That would have been the right move with Garceau moving onto MASN. But 105.7 just had to bring in a big name with La Canfora except for the fact he is very polarizing. I can't see myself listening to that show except for when there is breaking sports news. I hope their ratings tank and the JLC era is short lived.

JLC is also a bit of a phony, he was a huge Red Sox fan who only converted to rooting for the Orioles when they started winning in 2012.

Mo called in today and seemed upset that his two pals were splitting. I hope he still calls in with his picks to click and just in general.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    I've heard from a few people close to the station that Scott isn't a big fan of the PD at 105.7. He sought alternatives and that paved the way to the Orioles job. It left Jeremy flapping in the wind a bit. I think it's a bit unfair how they've treated Jeremy who works really hard and brings in sponsors for the station. The culture there is toxic but since they're the only game in town, the on air personalities deal with it.

That said, La Canfora is a big name and that attracts the people who run the station. It explains in part why Cerrato is still around. Empty suits if you ask me.

As I tweeted yesterday...

"I suppose that in the end The Fan sought balance for their new 2-6PM slot. Now they have one guy who's never wrong and another who's never right."

https://twitter.com/RSRLombardi/stat...224378371?s=20
    Solid GOLD Tony! Perfect description of those two boobs !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does Jeremy still make the same 5 jokes?

I find the Jeter bit on Scott & Jeremy's show pretty damn funny. As Q would say..... Wooooooowwwww. Hope Jeremy still has a weekly spot for Jeter on his show.

'I woke up and felt like an 18yr old again. Unfortunately, there wasn't around.' -- RIP Art

Blog Entries

Jason LaCanfora sux