Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: 105.7 The Fan New Lineup

Ken is an egotistical, know it all ass wipe, dude is a complete joke

Quote Originally Posted by one eyed bird View Post
    Ken is an egotistical, know it all ass wipe, dude is a complete joke
    And he is getting paired up with his radio twin in LaCanfora. No clue what station management at 105.7 is thinking.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    Everyone has one so I'll drop trou and reveal my opinion.

I've basically stopped listening to the morning show. Ed Norris is a bit of a douche with irrelevant sports opinions--he seems to be there for the paycheck. He belongs on WBAL offering opinions on politics. Jerry Coleman is a complete moron. He is best suited at press conferences for comic relief. Rob Long has talent, but comes off as a bit impatient and arrogant in this setting.

Bob Haynie is the top talent on the station. He'd be better off without Vinny, who doesn't bring anything to the table.

Scott Garceau is way too classy for the job--happy to see him get the new gig.

Jeremy is the second best talent on the station. I agree with previous comments that he and Weinman are gold--I feel as though management won't put them together out of hubris--to prove they are smarter than the listeners.

I actually like LaCanfora. I know that's unpopular. I understand that his rumor mill isn't always right and he can be arrogant, but I like his opinions.

Terry Ford is under-appreciated. His time slot is tough.

One last thought: the promos that come out of their national organization are almost enough to make me write them off. They assume that their audience are testosterone-filled racists.
    I agree with pretty much everything you said here. I love Bob Haynie. He knows Baltimore sports through and through. I used to really like Rob Long but he's seemed to have gotten a little too big for his britches. He tends to beat a dead horse. Norris should move to WBAL. Jeremy and Terry Ford are very similar, they don't take themselves seriously and are both pretty funny.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Noooooooooo
    Zino was the only guy on that station that I could not tolerate and refused to listen to. He was annoying and just plain awful.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Zino was the only guy on that station that I could not tolerate and refused to listen to. He was annoying and just plain awful.
    He was working in Atlanta sports talk radio. No clue if Zinno is still there or not, and agree he was horrible. Plus he's a Yankees fan and it was weird having him do local talk for Baltimore sports teams.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    He was working in Atlanta sports talk radio. No clue if Zinno is still there or not, and agree he was horrible. Plus he's a Yankees fan and it was weird having him do local talk for Baltimore sports teams.
    I think he's still there. I believe Scott and Jeremy have him on when either the Ravens or Orioles are playing Atlanta.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    I've heard from a few people close to the station that Scott isn't a big fan of the PD at 105.7. He sought alternatives and that paved the way to the Orioles job. It left Jeremy flapping in the wind a bit. I think it's a bit unfair how they've treated Jeremy who works really hard and brings in sponsors for the station. The culture there is toxic but since they're the only game in town, the on air personalities deal with it.

That said, La Canfora is a big name and that attracts the people who run the station. It explains in part why Cerrato is still around. Empty suits if you ask me.

As I tweeted yesterday...

"I suppose that in the end The Fan sought balance for their new 2-6PM slot. Now they have one guy who's never wrong and another who's never right."

https://twitter.com/RSRLombardi/stat...224378371?s=20
    The Junkies often talk at length about the PD there being toxic. This doesn't surprise me at all.

I've never found their programming to be particularly insightful. Systemically, they have never favored people in the know and instead seem to favor, as you put it, empty suits.

Its lowest common denominator radio IMO.

I was never a big Scott and Jeremy fan, I would usually turn it off when their show comes on though it is far better than Scott and Anita Marks.

I also can’t stand Coleman either. I’ve noticed that he’s most vocal when the Ravens lose, often taking underhanded shots at Harbaugh. Yet, when they win he’s quiet. Same thing with Vinny though he used to wait until they would lose to jump on the Flacco hate train instead of Harbaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCityRaven View Post
    The Junkies often talk at length about the PD there being toxic. This doesn't surprise me at all.

I've never found their programming to be particularly insightful. Systemically, they have never favored people in the know and instead seem to favor, as you put it, empty suits.

Its lowest common denominator radio IMO.
    What turns me off the most on 105.7 is the same low IQ callers call into nearly every show with their moronic takes. And word is Scott Garceau got out because he didn't like the station's management.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    What turns me off the most on 105.7 is the same low IQ callers call into nearly every show with their moronic takes.
    This is where I am. It's almost embarassing to hear the crap people call in with. Almost like they just are excited to hear themselves talk.

I had the station on all afternoon last Saturday while I was working on my boat's engines just because I wanted some background noise. And that is what it was. And "Bob from Parkville" called in THREE times in that span. Jesus, get a life.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Like I said, I don't mind LaCanfora. I know some don't like him. I heard him say his show with Ken would be heavy on guests, drawing from his national reach. That may help this issue, which I share, of too many whiney callers with dumb takes.

What has happened this afternoon? Over the net all I can get is CBS Sports programming for 105.7 The Fan as well as 1300 AM. What Gives.