Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

105.7 The Fan New Lineup

https://1057thefan.radio.com/enterco...tq925QYItk5Jyg

"PHILADELPHIA, PA – February 19, 2020 – Entercom, a leading media and entertainment company and the unrivaled leader in sports radio, announced a new afternoon drive show on 105.7 The Fan (WJZ-FM), the flagship station of the Baltimore Orioles and Maryland Terrapins. The station welcomes RADIO.COM SPORTS and CBS Sports Insider Jason La Canfora to co-host “Inside Access” alongside longtime station on-air personality Ken Weinman. “Inside Access” will air weekdays from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. ET.

The station subsequently announces that on-air personality Jeremy Conn will host the evening show, weekdays from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Conn will also co-host “Orioles Baseball Tonight” and lead on content creation for the station’s digital platforms. On-air personality Scott Garceau, who was announced as the new play-by-play broadcaster and pregame and postgame host for Orioles gameday broadcasts on MASN-TV, will contribute Orioles and Baltimore Ravens coverage to 105.7 The Fan on a weekly basis. All changes will be effective March 9."

Bye Scott and Jeremy. Hello Ken and Jason La Canfora

Re: 105.7 The Fan New Lineup

I thought something was up. WTF? I like Ken, but I also like Scott and Jeremy. That said, I'm not sure about this format.

I like Scott and Jeremy, but I am not a huge fan of their show.

I like Ken...wish there was a way to keep Jeremy on in that slot with Ken and LaCanfora.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Why is Vinny still on?

Quote Originally Posted by IneligibleRcvrGate View Post
    Why is Vinny still on?
    I think they are trying to commit radio suicide.

fuck...JLC. i know he's apparently my neighbor and all, but if there's one thing i do not need, it's four hours of JLC rumor mill.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    fuck...JLC. If there's one thing i do not need, it's four hours of JLC rumor mill.
    And a rumor mill that is practically guaranteed to be utterly wrong. A blind chimp tossing darts at a corkboard papered with idiotic speculations is more reliable than La Can'tfora. Every time that nitwit says "A", someone, somewhere, is making a handsome living by betting on "not A". Were he & Vinny Cornuto chained together & chucked off the Key Bridge the quality of sports commentary in this burg would dramatically improve (not to mention the average IQ of the local contingent of italoamericani).
    Last edited by lobachevsky; 02-20-2020 at 07:58 AM.

That's it for me. They lost me in the midday way back when they added Vinny. They lost me in the morning when they added douchebag Coleman. Now they lost me in the afternoon. Not sure if Scott wanted to leave or not. If he did, then they should have reunited the playmakers show. Jeremy and Ken have good chemistry, although I realize their humor is not everyone's cup of tea. Unfortunately, now we get a show with the least accurate sports reporter in the country.

I've heard from a few people close to the station that Scott isn't a big fan of the PD at 105.7. He sought alternatives and that paved the way to the Orioles job. It left Jeremy flapping in the wind a bit. I think it's a bit unfair how they've treated Jeremy who works really hard and brings in sponsors for the station. The culture there is toxic but since they're the only game in town, the on air personalities deal with it.

That said, La Canfora is a big name and that attracts the people who run the station. It explains in part why Cerrato is still around. Empty suits if you ask me.

As I tweeted yesterday...

"I suppose that in the end The Fan sought balance for their new 2-6PM slot. Now they have one guy who's never wrong and another who's never right."

https://twitter.com/RSRLombardi/stat...224378371?s=20
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

I like the move. Scott Garceau is a good play by play guy and sports reporter. But I don't that translated well to talk radio. But, I only listen August - January anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    I've heard from a few people close to the station that Scott isn't a big fan of the PD at 105.7. He sought alternatives and that paved the way to the Orioles job. It left Jeremy flapping in the wind a bit. I think it's a bit unfair how they've treated Jeremy who works really hard and brings in sponsors for the station. The culture there is toxic but since they're the only game in town, the on air personalities deal with it.

That said, La Canfora is a big name and that attracts the people who run the station. It explains in part why Cerrato is still around. Empty suits if you ask me.

As I tweeted yesterday...

"I suppose that in the end The Fan sought balance for their new 2-6PM slot. Now they have one guy who's never wrong and another who's never right."

https://twitter.com/RSRLombardi/stat...224378371?s=20
    Seriously WTF????

I listen to 105.7 the fan everyday. I literally have it playing 8 hrs a day when I am in the office.

They will lose me as a listener from 2:00-6:00pm for sure. Jason sucks, and Ken Wineman is abysmal to listen too. He is a less talented, less funny Jerry Coleman.

I dealt with Coleman being #3 on the morning. But No way am I listening to that garbage from 2:00-6:00pm.

Jeremy Conn was 10x better than Coleman, Wineman or Suck ass Laconfora. He is so boring to listen too.

Apparently the empty suits at 105.7 who made these decisions have made it clear they dont care.

I logged on to their site to shoot them a complaint and (Access denied) using that function today. lol
    Last edited by ravensfan7716; 02-20-2020 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    That's it for me. They lost me in the midday way back when they added Vinny. They lost me in the morning when they added douchebag Coleman. Now they lost me in the afternoon. Not sure if Scott wanted to leave or not. If he did, then they should have reunited the playmakers show. Jeremy and Ken have good chemistry, although I realize their humor is not everyone's cup of tea. Unfortunately, now we get a show with the least accurate sports reporter in the country.

I am right there with you. The only reason I stayed listening to 105.7 was Norris and when they added Rob Long. It was very hard to keep listening when they added Coleman.

The mid day Cerrato is already bad enough. This is a shit move across the board.