Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: 105.7 The Fan New Lineup

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    What has happened this afternoon? Over the net all I can get is CBS Sports programming for 105.7 The Fan as well as 1300 AM. What Gives.
    Locally the Fan has spring league Os game on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Locally the Fan has spring league Os game on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would much rather hear the O's pitching staff getting pounded into 2021 than listening to the clucks on CBS Sports Radio.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    What has happened this afternoon? Over the net all I can get is CBS Sports programming for 105.7 The Fan as well as 1300 AM. What Gives.
    As others mentioned, CBS radio can't stream games, only over the air.

Likewise, MASN has no streaming service, and you can't stream local games through MLB.TV.

So they leave me no recourse but stream radio and TV through reddit. If you go to the site when games are on you will find a "GAME THREAD, ORIOLES v. OPPONENT" thread. If you click on it they give you upwards of a dozen ways to stream, choosing between the home or away team broadcasts. Very reliable. Today they only had radio since it was a split squad day and no TV coverage anywhere.

Scott and Jeremy have the best chemistry, but their show is weighed down by clunky filler segments. The other problem is that Scott doesn't reflect fan intensity. Winning or losing -- his reaction is that of obligatory sympathy. He has to let fans vent; but I don't sense a burning passion in him. In fact, the only time I've heard him passionate is when someone claims the NFL is getting soft or when someone makes the observation about him that I just made. He then becomes indignant, as if that a complaint about Unnecessary Roughness penalties is akin to wanting to see Rome's gladiators mauled by lions.

Moving along.

Kein Weinman is good but needlessly caustic. Furthermore, too often he sets up a strawman to knock down.

Lastly, Terry Ford is terrible. He almost never offers an insightful opinion or new way of looking at things. What's worse: his humor is entirely predictable and therefore unfunny. Change voice inflection while stating some absurd exaggerated/extreme quip. Something like: "I think he hit that ball 700 feet in the air." Or, "Yeah, uh, I think his cleats dug a hole to China on that slide into second base." Over and over again.

That station seems stale because it's stuck in WNST of 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    What turns me off the most on 105.7 is the same low IQ callers call into nearly every show with their moronic takes. And word is Scott Garceau got out because he didn't like the station's management.
    First and foremost...like that clown? Q is the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    First and foremost...like that clown? Q is the worst.
    I change the station whenever he calls in.