Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 17-game schedule nearing resolution with NFLPA

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Dave, I still don't know why all 53 players aren't active on game days (?) Since they're all being paid, it seems silly to have "inactives." I'm sure there's a $ reason for it, but I just don't know what it is... Bc
    100% agree. If they want to extend the season, having more players active on game day will allow more substitutions. If a guy has a minor injury he doesn't have to stay in and risk it getting worse just because the one other guy on the roster is also hurt (e.g. - Ravens really only have one tackle backup unless you count Yanda, but if you move him to tackle then all your Guards are in, et.).

Plus it opens up game plans more -- teams can create more different looks on O and D and I think that might make the game a little more interesting. The NFL has way too many dull games as it is. It's sad that after watching Lamar and this offense, most non-Lamar NFL football looks boring and lame. It would be nice if teams could opt between a 7 man O line, or 4 TEs in the game, etc. The expansion of sub packages, and the chess matches that would ensue, would be fascinating.

If they are going to change scheduling can they please get rid of Thursday night football

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    If they are going to change scheduling can they please get rid of Thursday night football
    why? does it hurt you somehow? A lot of us love TNF, if you don't like it, don't watch it.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    why? does it hurt you somehow? A lot of us love TNF, if you don't like it, don't watch it.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Not really. There would be no byes and no extra playoff weeks. This is one thing I can get behind - 8 teams from each conference making the playoffs and zero byes. It seems ludicrous to me that two teams get a decidedly significant advantage in the quest to reach the Super Bowl when four teams are division winners, especially when the schedules are not balanced and identical. A 13-3 team in a weak division gets a bye while the 11-5 team with a brutal schedule (and perhaps even beat the 13-3 team) has to play the extra game. Since the current playoff format has been in place only 12 teams seeded #3-#6 have reached the Super Bowl. Teams seeded #1-#2 have reached the Super Bowl 48 times.
    Too many teams making playoffs

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Lol
    get off my lawn

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

TNF feels minor league

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    TNF feels minor league
    But Friday would be “Excellent!!” C’mon Cool-X.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    holy shit 16 playoff teams. what a disaster
    Agreed. No more 8-8 teams!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Along with an extra game, the NFL is considering an extended playoff field under the new CBA. While the exact number is not currently known, the NFL's postseason could expand to as many as 16 participants, a total that would mimic the current number of playoff teams in the NBA and NHL. An extended playoff field, however, would likely not begin until a 17th game is added to the schedule.
    eww. I don't like that at all.

Blog Entries

Not a fan at all of half the league getting into the playoffs. We already have teams getting in that are barely above or at .500. This year that would have put what, the Steelers (8-8) at 7 and the Broncos (7-9, and there are a lot of 7-9 teams, I didn't do the math as to who it would be, just picked one, result would have been the same) at 8, into the playoffs in the AFC? If you are talking about taking the bye away, that means KC would have annihilated the Steelers and we would have annihilated the Broncos. What's the point?

Keep the playoff field small. It makes the regular season feel more important and the playoffs feel like an accomplishment.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

I hate this. More than half the league is out of the playoffs by week 15, definitely week 16. Now we're adding more games where players can get hurt when most of the divisions, if not all, are already decided.