Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

17-game schedule nearing resolution with NFLPA

per today's CBS Sports report:

A 17-game season in the NFL appears to be inevitable.

..... players would like to "delay the implementation of an extra regular season game until 2022 or 2023.

Too bad that it won't be implemented in 2020, but it's likely that that would be too complex for us mere mortals to understand. From what I've read on the subject: the owners would gain revenue, and the players will gain more pay plus may gain an extra bye week, expanded rosters, greater marijuana freedom, etc.

Here my wish list of the benefits to the fans which I hope is derived from the new agreement :

- eliminate at least one home preseason exhibition from the season ticket package

- add two weeks of TV games (neutral stadium 17th regular season game + a 2nd bye week)

- add another road game destination for the 17th (neutral) game. I'd opt to attend, if held at a better location than London, e.g. Hawaii, Vancouver (domed), Toronto (domed), Germany (mostly domed in Frankfurt). How about Athens ?

In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Re: 17-game schedule nearing resolution with NFLPA

Eh.. idk about this. I just want to see Friday Night Football games.

sad

Blog Entries

Will there be a 2nd BYE week for players to rest/heal? Will the players get a 6% raise for this extra game? Will they shave down Exhibition games from 4 to 2? Will there be a 7th playoff team in each conference? I'm sure the NFL will reap million$, not that I blame them, but will they pass it on to their "workers?"
    I hope so... Bc

Player safety eh..

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Will there be a 2nd BYE week for players to rest/heal? Will the players get a 6% raise for this extra game? Will they shave down Exhibition games from 4 to 2? Will there be a 7th playoff team in each conference? I'm sure the NFL will reap million$, not that I blame them, but will they pass it on to their "workers?"
    I hope so... Bc
    They have no choice, the CBA sets the cap and spending floor at a percentage of revenue: If the owners get fatter, so do the players.

To me, the only way that makes sense is 2 preseason games, an additional bye and the 17th game has to be neutral. I think it is a. Complete win/win.

The difficult part will be the season ticket price change the year and time hey drop the preseason game, as you KNOW they won’t want to drop the total.

But this is absolutely why they made preseason games cheaper than regular season games.., now they “lose less” by losing a preseason game.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Eh.. idk about this. I just want to see Friday Night Football games.
    Live near a High School. Friday Night belongs to High School. Saturday belongs to College.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    They have no choice, the CBA sets the cap and spending floor at a percentage of revenue: If the owners get fatter, so do the players.

To me, the only way that makes sense is 2 preseason games, an additional bye and the 17th game has to be neutral. I think it is a. Complete win/win.

The difficult part will be the season ticket price change the year and time hey drop the preseason game, as you KNOW they won’t want to drop the total.

But this is absolutely why they made preseason games cheaper than regular season games.., now they “lose less” by losing a preseason game.
    Believe they are talking about this as part of the new cba as well, which gives the players more potential leverage for this.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Not a huge fan of a game at a neutral site, but I suppose it is necessary to keep 8 home and 8 away games. I could tolerate it for a second bye week and 2 less preseason games. The more meaningful football, the better in my opinion.

Meh. Never been a fan of this

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    Player safety eh..
    Right. Total joke

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

here's the other side of the coin:

Those concessions could include less mandatory offseason activities, a shortened preseason and reduced workout and practice schedules. Also included could be less significant player discipline when it comes to league's drug policy, specifically as it pertains to marijuana use.

Along with an extra game, the NFL is considering an extended playoff field under the new CBA. While the exact number is not currently known, the NFL's postseason could expand to as many as 16 participants, a total that would mimic the current number of playoff teams in the NBA and NHL. An extended playoff field, however, would likely not begin until a 17th game is added to the schedule.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!