Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Baltimore Ravens @Ravens Offensive lineman James Hurst has been suspended for the first four games of the 2020 regular se

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    They are required to under the CBA. At least for the first four games of his suspension they also have the option of voiding all future guarntees I think the eagles did that for Lane Johnson if memory serves.
    Hmm. Did they do that with Jimmy when he was suspended last year?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Re: Baltimore Ravens @Ravens Offensive lineman James Hurst has been suspended for the first four games of the 2020 regular se

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Hmm. Did they do that with Jimmy when he was suspended last year?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    It happens to every player I'll post the passage from the link:

Other salary components can be at risk with suspensions. Teams can recoup the same proportion of the prorated amount of a player's signing bonus as he's losing in base salary. If the first player in the previous example had $1.275 million of signing bonus proration, he would be out an additional $300,000 because his team would also recover 4/17ths of the proration. The total cost of his suspension would be $700,000.

Teams are required under the collective bargaining agreement (CBA) to recoup signing bonuses for PED and substance-abuse suspensions.