Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Baltimore Ravens @Ravens Offensive lineman James Hurst has been suspended for the first four games of the 2020 regular season

Just freaking great.

Offensive Lineman James Hurst Suspended Four Games

Offensive lineman James Hurst has been suspended for the first four games of the 2020 season.

Hurst violated the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances, the NFL announced Friday afternoon.

Re: Baltimore Ravens @Ravens Offensive lineman James Hurst has been suspended for the first four games of the 2020 regular se

Lord have mercy. SMH
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Re: Baltimore Ravens @Ravens Offensive lineman James Hurst has been suspended for the first four games of the 2020 regular se

Well that explains why Andre Smith was signed.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Bad time for him to do this. He is very cuttable.

Wonder if the Ravens knew this was coming, and this was a reason for the Andre Smith signing?
    "Chin up, chest out."

Bye Felicia.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Bad time for him to do this. He is very cuttable.

Wonder if the Ravens knew this was coming, and this was a reason for the Andre Smith signing?
    I would say 100% they did.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

This is becoming quite an eventful day in BMore. Jefferson was released too although it was to be expected
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

I'd let him go at this point.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I would say 100% they did.
    Which actually kind of frightens me. It means they are expecting Smith to actually play a role, instead of being a camp body/emergency plan. Maybe that role is just to be the swing T backup for four games and then get cut when Hurst comes back, in which case we better pray Stanley and Zeus can hold up at least for those four games.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I'd let him go at this point.
    If I had to bet on it, I would say Hurst won't be on the team in 2020. Ravens signed Andre Smith, and still have free agency and the draft coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Which actually kind of frightens me. It means they are expecting Smith to actually play a role, instead of being a camp body/emergency plan. Maybe that role is just to be the swing T backup for four games and then get cut when Hurst comes back, in which case we better pray Stanley and Zeus can hold up at least for those four games.
    I disagree. I think it's camp fodder.

I had OT on my draft needs list either way and I expect this just pushes it higher up the need (4 4th round picks makes this an easier need to address)

They now have 7 picks in the first 4 rounds. EDGE, IDL, ILB, WR, IOL, OT, sCB could all be address before round 5 starts.
    - Ray Lewis

12. Re: Baltimore Ravens @Ravens Offensive lineman James Hurst has been suspended for the first four games of the 2020 regular se

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    This is becoming quite an eventful day in BMore. Jefferson was released too although it was to be expected
    Haven't seen that yet that Jefferson was released.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk