Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Backup QB next year?

If they can save $2M cap space I would go with McSorley. Didn't see anything from RG3 in that last game against Pittsburgh and the other brief appearances he made that I don't think Trace couldn't have done.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

I literally do not care

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    Draft Bryce Perkins of VA - Lamar's MINI ME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ3htq83rI0

Yes, a guy like this

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by BillickFan View Post
    Robert for 1 more year. If Lamar goes down, he gives us a decent chance of winning. McSorley....we know nothing about. If the goal is Super Bowl, not sure McSorley will get us there. Robert has some maturity to him now, and his game. Let's pray we don't need to see him start here....but.....his game would translate if we need it to.
    No way you jeopardize a SB caliber team if the starting QB has to sit for 3-4 games with a completely inexperienced questionably NFL capable QB. Especially the scheme and style in which LJ plays.

RG3 is worth every $ as a mentor and backup who can win in place of LJ. Sure it wasnt the greatest showing but RG3 did win against the desperate Steelers last game even without a few of our key offensive players. If LJ & RG3 would go down, then its McSorley. Sure McSorley's arrow is point up and he should be better in the upcoming preseason. Id maybe have him as backup in 2021 if he kills it against the 1st stringers in preseason 2020, but no way backing up LJ in 2020.

Khalil tate as an UDFA

6. Re: Backup QB next year?

Quote Originally Posted by BirdfaninNebraska View Post
    Khalil tate as an UDFA
    Now you've got a name.

I like Malcolm Perry. But, yeah, Khalil Tate, too. Also Lynn Bowden. All 3 of those guys have put up big running QB numbers, all have done over 1000 yards rushing in a year. Perry has the all time single season rushing record.

The Ravens can bring in 1 or 2 or 3 college running QBs, and have them do Taysom Hill type stuff. They can be a backup QB, they can play special teams, they can play wide receiver or jet sweeping running back. Do people think that De'Anthony Thomas is going to be a Raven in 2002?

All 3 of those guys could be QBs who aren't necessarily a big drop off from Lamar as runners, I'd want to see the combine / pro day numbers, but we didn't have those numbers from Lamar, we have big rushing stats though from all 3.

The Ravens have De'Anthony Thomas, and each of those 3 guys can do something like De'Anthony regarding KR/PR, and the jet sweeping. We know that some think that the Ravens should add a WR. I don't think the Ravens need an expensive WR. Hollywood, Boykin and Snead are all almost certainly going to be back, and after those 3, you have WR 4, etc. There just seem to be, I don't know the number, but roster spots for fast running QBs who are willing and motivated to be a backup QB, a special teamer, and a versatile back/slot back/slot wr. Perry, Bowden and Tate are the 3 I like for those slots.

At some point I expect to be comparing 3 cones and 10 splits of these guys with guys like Trace and RGIII. I don't want the Ravens to be in a position where, if Lamar gets dinged up, the Ravens then say "oh we don't have a guy who can run like Lamar, so we can't do that now". Those 3, Perry, Bowden, Tate, look like guys who are as close to as Lamar as one can get, so the Ravens should get them. I'm not quite sure that Trace has it, physically. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. I like Perry the most because Annapolis, but each of the 3 have merits, and combine and pro days haven't happened yet. I don't really think the Ravens have any actual needs at the skill positions, but they should add 1,2,3 of those fast running QBs for the bottom of the roster, to make the 53 or practice squad. I'd like to see the Ravens completely stacked, loaded, at low cost, fast, versatile running QBs.

Let RG3 go. Roll with McSorley. Grab a UDFA outa college. The “style” qb we need to work the offense we currently have are plentiful in college now.

Don’t waste draft capital on a QB. It’s a back up. We all know if Lamar goes down ...we suck anyway. There are no Lamar’s available so why bother wasting a draft pick on a Tyrod Taylor type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoj View Post
    After watching Marlon's IG videos and seeing that Lamar usually sits right by RG3 on the planes and in other settings...I really like RG3 as his mentor and hope we at least keep him one more year. It's easy to get caught up in your own hype and RG3 is someone who did that and it failed miserably for him so I like having him on the team as a guide for Lamar.
    As long as what “we” perceive to be reality, is, than RG3 should stay.
    The cap is not tight enough, that keeping him around is not financially viable if he is adding anywhere close to the Vet Mentor catch all role.

There is no reason to think this team isn’t going to be absolutely loaded for another crack at not being terrible in the playoffs. McSorely as the backup is kind of scary. RG3 is scary too. If either one has to hold down the fort for multiple games, I’d be fine with an upgrade. Too bad they can’t get Tyrod Taylor back.

Granted it was bad weather and the Steelers D aren’t slouches, but RG3 did very little to inspire much confidence that his skills aren’t eroding to the point of below average QB. I like McSorely but not as the backup. Not with the high expectations going into next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    There is no reason to think this team isn’t going to be absolutely loaded for another crack at not being terrible in the playoffs. McSorely as the backup is kind of scary. RG3 is scary too. If either one has to hold down the fort for multiple games, I’d be fine with an upgrade. Too bad they can’t get Tyrod Taylor back.

Granted it was bad weather and the Steelers D aren’t slouches, but RG3 did very little to inspire much confidence that his skills aren’t eroding to the point of below average QB. I like McSorely but not as the backup. Not with the high expectations going into next season.
    CBS Radio reporting that Tyrod will have a legit shot at being the starter for the Chargers next year.

Blog Entries

Aaaaaah crap, you woke JohnnyOneNote from his hibernation. If he sees the shadow of a running QB it'll be six more weeks before we get any relief from the blizzard of verbiage....
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Pick up Flacco as the back up.......

Runs and hides........