Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Backup QB next year?

Do you bring back RG3 or go with McSorley?

Re: Backup QB next year?

I think we stick with RG3.

He is a known quantity, fairly inexpensive, and competent QB that can work within the system.

Blog Entries

I see no value in RGIII. I'd cut him today and go with McSorley.

Blog Entries

It's likely either McSorley or a guy not currently on the roster...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

None of us on this board have any idea how prepared McSorley is. We haven't seen him since August. If he's practicing well, picking up the playbook, improving his mechanics, then I'm fine with rolling with him. I'd love to free up a roster spot and only carry two QBs.

But I suspect RGIII will be back.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

RG3 has served his purpose of mentoring Jackson. He was on a 2-year deal right? If there is cap savings to be had, I'd move on from him now, and roll with McSorley. If the savings are negligible, then I'd probably keep him, at least through camp.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    RG3 has served his purpose of mentoring Jackson. He was on a 2-year deal right? If there is cap savings to be had, I'd move on from him now, and roll with McSorley. If the savings are negligible, then I'd probably keep him, at least through camp.
    $500K dead, $2M saved if cut. Last year of deal.

Draft Bryce Perkins of VA - Lamar's MINI ME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ3htq83rI0

Quote Originally Posted by helloharv View Post
    Do you bring back RG3 or go with McSorley?
    Stay the course with Both.

Get Mcsorely some reps on special teams. The kid looks like a football player so I hope he sticks around .

Maybe roll him out there in a Taysom Hill style to help Lamar and keep Lamar healthy from unneeded hits

Robert for 1 more year. If Lamar goes down, he gives us a decent chance of winning. McSorley....we know nothing about. If the goal is Super Bowl, not sure McSorley will get us there. Robert has some maturity to him now, and his game. Let's pray we don't need to see him start here....but.....his game would translate if we need it to.

After watching Marlon's IG videos and seeing that Lamar usually sits right by RG3 on the planes and in other settings...I really like RG3 as his mentor and hope we at least keep him one more year. It's easy to get caught up in your own hype and RG3 is someone who did that and it failed miserably for him so I like having him on the team as a guide for Lamar.

Ravens value his "mentorship" for Lamar.

I don't know how long that would be the case, but I fully expect him to be back. Ravens seem to really love what he brings to the team in a backup/leadership type role.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.