Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Free talk Friday - 02.14.20

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    I agree! You're in Rockville too? May I ask what part? I'm at the southern end closer to grosvenor/270 spur

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    We are bookending Rockville. I'm up by 370 Shady Grove.

I shop at Parivar Groceries for my Indian supplies and right exactly next door is New York Market for my Asian ingredients. Both less than 2 miles away.

I walk out of both with a decent sized bag or two of produce/rice/chillies etc.. and am always impressed with how cheap they are compared to Giant. Compared to Safeway, which I call "The Company Store", it's just ridiculous.

Today is Mrs. CvilleRaven's birthday! This year, she's getting wood... floors! We're finally tearing up the 70s era carpet our house came with to reveal the original oak floors underneath. We did the hallway last night, the rest of the first floor gets ripped up tomorrow. So far, the floor is in GREAT shape - just needed to be cleaned, and I need to get shoe molding to finish the job. Hopefully, the floor in the dining room/kitchen doorway is in good shape. If I don't have to refinish it now, even better (I really don't want to spend a week of sanding/staining/buffing...)

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Lol you can get an online one! I've been working from home all week and that's what I did Haha

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    All is good. Stopped on the way home, with every other guy in Harford Co. Came home and grilled filet mignon with bordelaise sauce, spice roasted carrots w/ honey and pecans, and barley risotto. Got a Smith Island cake in return!

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Indian is the bomb.. or shall I say Bomb..bay? Mumbai?

Some latent cooking gene has gone off in me and I been enjoying making Indian dishes a lot last few years. With all the Asian and Indian markets in our area (I live in Rockville) it's never been easier to to spread your wings in the kitchen and make traditional Asian cuisine. You just have to deal with fear of the unfamiliar when shopping those markets and enjoy it as an adventure. Kind of like traveling abroad locally.
    Didn't know you were in Mont. Co.! This area has all kinds of places for unique food. Are you a transplant or original?

Worked from home, then ended up hitting the gym and Greene turtle with the family. Band rehearsals the next couple days if I'm not sick. My 9 year old is going to try and play in the one tomorrow.

This cold is awful.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Didn't know you were in Mont. Co.! This area has all kinds of places for unique food. Are you a transplant or original?
    I'm a home boy. A rare guy that lives in same neighborhood I grew up in. There are a couple of us. My first house was behind Richard Montgomery. Then my wife found the one we are in now. I was like "you know my folks are down the street right?" I'm like the neighborhood historian.

I made that old house behind Richard Montgomery nice. New bathrooms, basement remodel, roof, paint landscaping and moved in 5 years. Outgrew it.

Moco born and bred via a Mom from Pigtown and my Mt St. Joes dad from Irvington. Thus the Baltimore connection.

Blog Entries

Back and biceps today20200213_181359.jpg
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Back and biceps today20200213_181359.jpg
    Dang lookin legit

Blog Entries

taking the kayak out for the first time - woo hoo, and it's hot

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!