Forgotten X Factors Coming Off IR in the Secondary

I don't know if any of you have almost totally forgotten about Tavon Young and Elliot the way I have.

Young can take a great secondary and make it elite if he comes back healthy. None of the replacements could cover the slot quite like him. He's also a playmaker. I wonder if he is a factor leading decisions on keeping some in the secondary or releasing them. Hope he comes back at 100.

Elliot is such a question mark. The guy has flashed serious skills but ended up.on IR both seasons. Not this year, but hopefully he ends up helping the Ravens replace an overpaid Earl.

Re: Forgotten X Factors Coming Off IR in the Secondary

Do or die year for tavon. Another injury would be strike 3

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Do or die year for tavon. Another injury would be strike 3
    I would say that for Elliott not Tavon. He just signed a three year extension. Not sure the contract break down but I would imagine hes safe for at least the next two seasons....

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    I would say that for Elliott not Tavon. He just signed a three year extension. Not sure the contract break down but I would imagine hes safe for at least the next two seasons....
    Tavon is safe through 2021. $5M dead money if he is cut next NFL season.

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    I don't know if any of you have almost totally forgotten about Tavon Young and Elliot the way I have.

Young can take a great secondary and make it elite if he comes back healthy. None of the replacements could cover the slot quite like him. He's also a playmaker. I wonder if he is a factor leading decisions on keeping some in the secondary or releasing them. Hope he comes back at 100.

Elliot is such a question mark. The guy has flashed serious skills but ended up.on IR both seasons. Not this year, but hopefully he ends up helping the Ravens replace an overpaid Earl.
    Earl is not overpaid. And Elliot cannot "help" replace him - either he does or does not by himself. In other words, Elliot would be a downgrade. I like Elliot but he is not at all proven as a FS and, he really has to stay healthy this year, whatever he does.

I expect they would draft a candidate in 2021 to eventually replace Earl, e.g. when Lamar gets paid. There is too much money commited to the secondary to go again to FA for that.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

Young is safe this year but cutting him in 2021 would save $3 million against the cap

Guys I swear this is Elliot's year (Repeat x3).

Young's neck might be thrashed. Playing on borrowed time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Guys I swear this is Elliot's year (Repeat x3).

Young's neck might be thrashed. Playing on borrowed time.
    I agree that Elliott should get his shot this year - up to him...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Doesn't save him from being considered a bad investment if he gets hurt again and we would likely be considering a replacement at that point.

Blog Entries

Earl isn't overpaid.

I expect Young to perform, but I have zero expectations for Elliott. Anything from him is a bonus. Ideally I'd like to see him take Carr's role from last season, but he's gotta stay healthy. He's 0 for 2 on that, so nobody inside or outside the organization should be counting on him to provide anything IMO.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Earl isn't overpaid.

I expect Young to perform, but I have zero expectations for Elliott. Anything from him is a bonus. Ideally I'd like to see him take Carr's role from last season, but he's gotta stay healthy. He's 0 for 2 on that, so nobody inside or outside the organization should be counting on him to provide anything IMO.
    Like Seraph said, Tavon has had a serious neck injury and I know from experience how devastating they can be. Hopefully he didn't suffer any loss of strength, mobility and feeling throughout the hands and arms, critical for a DB.

Several of the members have corrected me on Earl's money. I will listen to you guys as many of you are well schooled in that area.

Elliot situation has come down to what you said, anything is a bonus now. I see so much ability in him, but you have to be on the field to show it.