Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pernell McPhee

Re: Pernell McPhee

I like him as depth. But here's the thing, the guy has been injury riddled his entire career. It's not a matter of if he'll get hurt, but when. He better not be your plan A, or even your plan B, for that matter.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

I'm not against The Ravens resigning Pernell Mcphee but they just can't use him as much as they did last year. He can set the edge and cover but he can't stay healthy being a consistent starter .I also wouldn't be against The Ravens re-signing Jihad Ward but him and Mcphee have also had trouble staying healthy in their career.

Without a doubt the Ravens would view McPhee as a rotational piece in a lesser role in 2020, not only for his health but also his effectiveness. Ferguson will obviously be getting more snaps than Ferguson did as a rookie and there may well be a new rookie on the scene this year getting his own snaps.

I was pleased McPhee played well in 2019 and hope he can make the team this summer.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    Without a doubt the Ravens would view McPhee as a rotational piece in a lesser role in 2020, not only for his health but also his effectiveness. Ferguson will obviously be getting more snaps than Ferguson did as a rookie and there may well be a new rookie on the scene this year getting his own snaps.

I was pleased McPhee played well in 2019 and hope he can make the team this summer.
    Ferguson disappointed me there I said it. I always feel like I’m one of the guys to be patient with rookies on this board, but I just did not see any improvement week to week. One week he was looking like he was getting more consistent setting the edge, the next he crashed back down to being horrendous at it. I’ve been trying to fight this feeling, but I’m disappointed. Maybe it’s the Bowser/Williams hangover making me less patient with OLBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Ferguson disappointed me there I said it. I always feel like I’m one of the guys to be patient with rookies on this board, but I just did not see any improvement week to week. One week he was looking like he was getting more consistent setting the edge, the next he crashed back down to being horrendous at it. I’ve been trying to fight this feeling, but I’m disappointed. Maybe it’s the Bowser/Williams hangover making me less patient with OLBs.
    Ferguson went a long way in a few weeks from a second tier college to starting on the big stage. My view of his first year is mixed. He showed enough to be hopeful about his development. He's got a lot going for him but, ultimately, I'm not sure he's quick enough to achieve the high ceiling we need at his position. I like him and have no doubt that he will improve. I expect he will have a good floor and it may turn out in a couple of years that he will be less like Young Suggs and more like Young McPhee.

But all the talk about needing Edge/OLB help shows that this whole issue is undecided.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensintennessee View Post
    What about Ward too? I think there may be some interest in him in FA since he'll only be 26 when the season starts, but he is a good edge setter and versatile guy who Harbs made a point of saying that he likes. I think these guys could help cushion the potential Judon departure as Ferguson (and hopefully a rookie or two) develop.
    How can you not love a guy named Jihad?

::ducks::