Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Free College and Cancelling Student Debt

There was a video of a man asking Elizabeth Warren if he would get a refund for working an extra job and saving and paying for his daughters college. She said flatly "Of course not." And the guys said "So I get punished for working hard and saving while people that borrowed, possibly beyond their means or capacity to repay, get rewarded.

This to me is why it can never happen. Its totally unfair.

Re: Free College and Cancelling Student Debt

Pandering at its highest level.

That's all it is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post

That's all it is.
    It's also not working. She's a state or two away from dropping out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    It's also not working. She's a state or two away from dropping out.
    Yep, her accusing Bernie of saying that a woman could never win the Presidency put a stake in her run for the Presidency. Her 1000's of selfies taken with supporters and beer drinking videos couldn't mask how phony and flawed of a candidate she was. Bye Bye.

What about people that get scholarships? Should they be given cash back? How far back do you go? What about people who just finished paying off their student loan debt? What about me who graduated in 1994, do I get a refund for what I paid off years (OK, decades) ago?

6. Re: Free College and Cancelling Student Debt

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post

That's all it is.
    That pretty much says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    What about people that get scholarships? Should they be given cash back? How far back do you go? What about people who just finished paying off their student loan debt? What about me who graduated in 1994, do I get a refund for what I paid off years (OK, decades) ago?
    As of now, she only wants to pay off current debt for people making less than a certain amount. Like 75k

Here is a shocker: I think that some college tuition should be subsidized. I've made this argument before:

I'm fine with a program that covers tuition for STEM programs (must be approved by NASA, GSA, or agencies that need these individuals). If you are attending college and choose a STEM field, the Fed will cover your tuition unless you get below a B+ GPA, and you must graduate. You must be an American Citizen. You also must work for a Government Agency for 3 years after college. If you meet those requirements, you will not owe one dime in tuition. The minute you break that contract, you owe the tuition in entirety. You clearly will qualify for student loans to cover that debt.

The college programs MUST be vetted in order to qualify.

We have a serious lack of good STEM people in the Federal Government, and there are threats this nation faces that we need the best and brightest in Government. If we really have morons at the top thinking Russia "hacked" our election, then we need this sooner than later. We don't need our best and brightest working at Google or Facebook. If you are a company that wants to pick off this top level talent... that is fine... you can elect to pay their tuition then in order to bring them over to your company. Tech companies have been poaching top talent from places like NASA, the CDC, the FBI & CIA. Now those agencies are littered with the people that Big Tech didn't want.

I do NOT support paying for someone's kid to smoke pot for 5 years and get a liberal arts degree. That is asinine... anyone with any ability to think should be against that.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Blog Entries

Free College and Cancelling Student Debt

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Here is a shocker: I think that some college tuition should be subsidized. I've made this argument before:

I'm fine with a program that covers tuition for STEM programs (must be approved by NASA, GSA, or agencies that need these individuals). If you are attending college and choose a STEM field, the Fed will cover your tuition unless you get below a B+ GPA, and you must graduate. You must be an American Citizen. You also must work for a Government Agency for 3 years after college. If you meet those requirements, you will not owe one dime in tuition. The minute you break that contract, you owe the tuition in entirety. You clearly will qualify for student loans to cover that debt.

The college programs MUST be vetted in order to qualify.

We have a serious lack of good STEM people in the Federal Government, and there are threats this nation faces that we need the best and brightest in Government. If we really have morons at the top thinking Russia "hacked" our election, then we need this sooner than later. We don't need our best and brightest working at Google or Facebook. If you are a company that wants to pick off this top level talent... that is fine... you can elect to pay their tuition then in order to bring them over to your company. Tech companies have been poaching top talent from places like NASA, the CDC, the FBI & CIA. Now those agencies are littered with the people that Big Tech didn't want.

I do NOT support paying for someone's kid to smoke pot for 5 years and get a liberal arts degree. That is asinine... anyone with any ability to think should be against that.
    The federal government has had a difficult time keeping talent for as long as I can remember.

The only reason to stay there is because the work is interesting (in some cases).

I left for a few different reasons, but the primary two were:

1) They just couldn’t compete with what I am able to earn in the private sector.

2) Fraud, Waste, and Abuse is rampant throughout the government. I had a hard time watching GS 15’s literally sit at a desk all day and watch YoutTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Yeah that's what we need, all free Government funded college so the kids can be taught to be dependent on more free shit handouts from the Government. Hell of a scheme to get systematic votes. The kids learn not to bite the hand that feeds them. The monkey learns to push the button to get the pellet.

If the GOV makes college free. The next step is to make it mandatory. All that will do, is cause smart business to expect a masters to get hired at w well paying job. Soon, college will just be called grades 13-16

Blog Entries

Gov Involvement = Gov Control

Gov Control = Fewer Liberties and Personal Control
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.