Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: The Electoral College

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    It’s the Jorts. Not you. It’s 2020 Hillbilly! Stop cuttin off yer jeans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jorts are workable for women

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Constitution doesn't prescribe how states assign their electors, so it may fly.

I think it does in a roundabout way, but what does that matter with how the states could potentially void the votes of their people by giving the electoral votes to the popular vote winner?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I think it does in a roundabout way, but what does that matter with how the states could potentially void the votes of their people by giving the electoral votes to the popular vote winner?
    I am sure the intent of this is to get EC votes to the DEM candidate. But when trump wins the popular vote, do you really think states like Washington, New York, and ca, will just send their votes to trump???

This is just another dem way to manipulate an election in favor of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Depends on the state. If it's one of the 4 battleground states, yeah. If it's literally any other state, it makes people think about campaigning because they could actually pick up electors.

Nope itÂ’s true for all states. LetÂ’s say Oklahoma decides to split the voters.so one candidate is going to get 4 electoral votes and another 3 electoral votes. So that is a net 1 for the winner. Now say Delaware does not split votes, winner gets net 3 votes in a less populous state. Oklahoma has diminished its influence

5. Re: The Electoral College

Interesting article about the Electoral College.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...are_looms.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post

I don't see much wrong with the back up plan should someone not get to 270, but I'm hoping to hearing from others..

7. Re: The Electoral College

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I don't see much wrong with the back up plan should someone not get to 270, but I'm hoping to hearing from others..
    I didn't, either. I imagine that some of the anti-EC crowd may not like it, but, who knows? It all seems a bit far-fetched, but it could happen someday, I guess.

"The sanctity of our system rests not on the perfection of our Constitution, but on the wisdom of those in power."

Well, we're fucked.

I didn't, either. I imagine that some of the anti-EC crowd may not like it, but, who knows? It all seems a bit far-fetched, but it could happen someday, I guess.
    The anti-EC crowd would go nuts. Especially if electoral votes awarded got swung the other way. For example, FL currently has 14 of 27 representatives as Republicans. WI is 4 of 8, but one seat is vacant. So if the Dem won those states, but under that scenario the delegation casts their vote for the Republican? Holy shit would they go nuts! The election would have been "stolen" twice! PA is 9 out of 18. That would be interesting to see how they determine which way to go. That I'm sure would wind up in the Supreme Court if it came down to that vote making the difference.

I just wanted to chime in... I don't know as much as you all about this topic, but this has been a really fascinating thread. Good work you all.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

11. Re: The Electoral College

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    The anti-EC crowd would go nuts. Especially if electoral votes awarded got swung the other way. For example, FL currently has 14 of 27 representatives as Republicans. WI is 4 of 8, but one seat is vacant. So if the Dem won those states, but under that scenario the delegation casts their vote for the Republican? Holy shit would they go nuts! The election would have been "stolen" twice! PA is 9 out of 18. That would be interesting to see how they determine which way to go. That I'm sure would wind up in the Supreme Court if it came down to that vote making the difference.
    Also, the way I read it, it's the newly elected House Reps doing the voting. We'd have to get them all together, swear them in, take/count the votes, etc. before we even knew who our next President is. That'd be a bigger mess than Bush/Gore.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Nope itÂ’s true for all states. LetÂ’s say Oklahoma decides to split the voters.so one candidate is going to get 4 electoral votes and another 3 electoral votes. So that is a net 1 for the winner. Now say Delaware does not split votes, winner gets net 3 votes in a less populous state. Oklahoma has diminished its influence
    You would need all states to do it, much like this popular vote nonsense. However, assuming Oklahoma, if it's splitting votes, will the candidates go "red flyover state" and ignore it, or will they actually stop by and campaign?