Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: The Electoral College

Since most of you know my position on the EC I’ll pose a question instead.

Let’s just say that in the 2020 election Sleepy Joe Biden beats Trump only in the EC even though Trump wins the Popular vote hands down.
    My question then would be ....does your stance on the EC being necessary stand? Having put a Dem in office , would that then sway /change your opinion? And ...Go! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post

Let’s just say that in the 2020 election Sleepy Joe Biden beats Trump only in the EC even though Trump wins the Popular vote hands down.
    My question then would be ....does your stance on the EC being necessary stand? Having put a Dem in office , would that then sway /change your opinion? And ...Go! Lol

Nope, wouldn't matter. I doubt Sleepy Joe could even win your/his old great state of Delaware.

Blog Entries

No, it wouldn't change it at all. The system is the way to go for a reason.

Lax, we all love ya, but you're trying to reason with a group of people who are largely based in political reason...not emotion.

Why would anyone's opinion change if the candidate's/parties change? The Constitution is the Constitution.

It's the same thing with abortion. There's the way it is...then there's people who disregard reason/science because "insert emotion here"

...ducks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Lax, we all love ya, but you're trying to reason with a group of people who are largely based in political reason...not emotion.

Why would anyone's opinion change if the candidate's/parties change? The Constitution is the Constitution.

It's the same thing with abortion. There's the way it is...then there's people who disregard reason/science because "insert emotion here"

Is vs ought. Reality vs Ideally etc.

Blog Entries

Just saw this -

Virginia House passes bill to award electoral votes to whoever wins the popular vote

This has about as much chance as being constitutional as RAV does with Margot Robbie in a Lamar Jersey with jean shorts on.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Just saw this -

Virginia House passes bill to award electoral votes to whoever wins the popular vote

This has about as much chance as being constitutional as RAV does with Margot Robbie in a Lamar Jersey with jean shorts on.
    So, the Margot Robbie thing won't happen? Are you serious?

That's it! I'm voting for Klobucher too!

Wouldn't change opinion one bit. I would be astounded if that happened, but those are the rules and they are the rules for a reason. Don't change them in a knee jerk emotional reaction.

Fair enough. Just seems like most ( not just here ) people who are “pro EC “ are also huge, extreme right wing and or ‘uge Trump fans.

It would be interesting to see it play out that way.

Guess we just chalk it up as pure coincidence that 2 outa the 4 times the EC winner didn’t win the popular vote have happened in the last 25yrs and they both also just happen to follow presidential runs of a Democrat as POTUS for 8 yrs?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    So, the Margot Robbie thing won't happen? Are you serious?

That's it! I'm voting for Klobucher too!
    It’s the Jorts. Not you. It’s 2020 Hillbilly! Stop cuttin off yer jeans!

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    States splitting their electoral college votes reduces the influence of the state.
    Depends on the state. If it's one of the 4 battleground states, yeah. If it's literally any other state, it makes people think about campaigning because they could actually pick up electors.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Just saw this -

Constitution doesn't prescribe how states assign their electors, so it may fly.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk