Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Mike Westhoff is delusional - "Taysom Hill throws better than Lamar"

Let me know when he leads the NFL in TD passes, talk is cheap. Anybody can say anything. Life is about results, until you get them you are just talking in fantasyland bullshit.

Can Payton fix flacco???

My initial thoughts when I read the coach’s comments: wHo throws better than LJ? Seriously, like WHO is he talking about? Never heard of him. Is he a starter? Have I become so insular a Ravens fan I’ve become ignorant to any football that happens outside the 695?

Then I realized, it was just another boring reductive narrative surrounding Lamar.

I’m bored.

Is it preseason time yet?

4. Re: Mike Westhoff is delusional - "Taysom Hill throws better than Lamar"

Kyle Boller throws a better pass from his knees than Drew Brees could ever do standing. :)

Hill is a 3rd string QB on his own team. He's thrown like 10 passes in his entire NFL career. And you want to compare him to the league MVP?

LOL

Oh I didn't know the guy making the comments was a Saints coach. That explains it. Trying to drum up value and dupe some team out of a 1st. Hill is restricted this year

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    the headline should be "Special Teams Coach of Saints Thinks Saints' Third-String QB Better Than League MVP"

who cares what a ST coach thinks of other teams' QBs?
    This should be the end of the thread right here. Nothing else needs to be said.

Blog Entries

I honestly had no idea that (heading into the season) Hill is going to be 30 years old. I thought he was like 24 or something.

I'm really just curious why people seem to think Hill is this next big thing when the Saints didn't even turn to this great, hidden gem of a player, to QB them when Brees got hurt?
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I honestly had no idea that (heading into the season) Hill is going to be 30 years old. I thought he was like 24 or something.

I'm really just curious why people seem to think Hill is this next big thing when the Saints didn't even turn to this great, hidden gem of a player, to QB them when Brees got hurt?
    "Load Management".........:)
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Oh it's a load alright...

If Taysom hill is that good, why did they go to teddy bridgewater for the 4 games drew brees was out this season and continued to use taysom as a gadget player?

Quote Originally Posted by Davesta View Post
    If Taysom hill is that good, why did they go to teddy bridgewater for the 4 games drew brees was out this season and continued to use taysom as a gadget player?
    This. Bridgewater came in and played very well for them. went 5-0 in a pretty seamless transition. The smart move would be to go ahead and sign Teddy as the main QB, move on from Brees, keep using Hill as a receiver/gadget guy (which he does very well) or trade him, and also sign or draft a QB to be the backup. TB makes the most sense for a number of reasons - he's the more proven/established QB over Hill who has never played the position in the NFL and Brees is declining rapidly with only 1-2 seasons left if that and doesn't seem able to win playoff games. He can't even get the ball downfield where it isn't intercepted.

Honestly, I would be saying the same shit about Hill if I was a Saints coach, just to get some dumbass team to give up a 1st. But behind the scenes I would be doing everything to transition to Bridgewater.