Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Offense: Rank 3-5 Areas of Improvement

You are the head honcho on the Ravens staff.

You work with the head coach/coaching staff and decosta and the front office.

What 3-5 areas (on Offense) would you direct the organization to address?

Why?

How?

2. Re: Offense: Rank 3-5 Areas of Improvement

In order of importance:

1) Cement the offensive line. There's a great deal of uncertainty at all three IOL positions (with Skura's injury, the question whether Yanda is retiring, and what position Bozeman will be playing next year). I'm also really worried about ever seeing Hurst play significant snaps at tackle if, God forbid, one of the starting bookends go down. This should be addressed through the draft as I'm not enamored with the current options in FA (though a value cut signing may also be helpful).

2) Continue working on the development of the young nucleus - keep refining Lamar's mechanics to keep a wide base and help translate that to a better ball to the sidelines; keep monitoring and hopefully improving Hollywood's injured foot; teach Myles Boykin how to capitalize on his all-world athletic measurables (route running is #1; high-pointing the back shoulder balls is #2; and then it's jugs-jugs-jugs).

3) Improve the screen game. With Lamar's constant threat to run, the strength of our Tight Ends to dominate the middle of the field, and hopefully a healthy Hollywood and more complete Boykin keeping the safeties honest, I think more screens can make this offense even more unpredictable. And it could be a catalyst to more heavily involve Justice Hill, Hayden Hurst, and an underrated pass catcher in Mark Ingram. This may also be a good draft to pick up another young RB who could double as a KR/PR option.

Re: Offense: Rank 3-5 Areas of Improvement

4) Draft either an alpha WR with great hands to play the boundary or a very good route runner with great hands to eventually replace Snead. Or both.

5) Kindly insinuate to Hurst, Boykin and Scott to go practice with Lamar in Florida. Drag them there if they don't get the memo.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    You are the head honcho on the Ravens staff.

You work with the head coach/coaching staff and decosta and the front office.

What 3-5 areas (on Offense) would you direct the organization to address?

Why?

How?
    1. Acquire a deep threat with HANDS that can make contested catches to play opposite Hollywood.

2. Extend Stanley.

3. Increase depth on the OL through the draft. Value of pick depends on Yanda's 2020 status.
    Last edited by camdenyard; 02-12-2020 at 02:43 AM.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

1. Try to find a 'Boldin' type receiver with some attitude. A free agent veteran. Ask Steve Smith Sr who he recommends. Brown is fast and he made some spectacular catches but Lamar needs another WR who can get more open and has great hands.
    2. Draft OL players. I have a feeling Yanda is retiring and Skura might be iffy when he comes back (if?).
    3. Lamar needs to practice throwing outside the numbers. I think opposing teams know he's not the most accurate passer down the sidelines and I think he does need to improve there.

1.) Find an explosive play maker at WR to compliment Hollywood.
    2.) Add IOL depth for competition with Bozeman/Mekari/Powers
    3.) Continue to develop a more complex passing game.

The offense is pretty set overall. These are only slight gripes. It's the front 7 of the defense they really need to work on.

I mean 3-5 is going to have some major nit picks to get there. I'd say at this point it's work on iol, then a drop off, then another wr, then a drop off a cliff to anything else

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Figure out how to score more than 12 f’n points in the Postseason

Quote Originally Posted by YoCo757 View Post
    Figure out how to score more than 12 f’n points in the Postseason
    Don't turn the ball over three times and go 0-for-2 on 4th-and-1.

There. I figured it out.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Reintroduce the 10-15 yard out route.

The greatest “money” passing play in Ravens history that simply vanished after a glorious stretch with Flacco and Mason.

Get a guy who is an absolutely dawg with the ball in the air. Who fights and holds on to it. Who will catch a fourth down pass two yards short and fight for those yards. Who won’t bop a pass up into the air. Who inspires confidence in us, and fear in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    The greatest “money” passing play in Ravens history that simply vanished after a glorious stretch with Flacco and Mason.
    That signature hook route of Mason's was my favorite signature route in the history of the franchise. Unfortunately there was a rule change awhile ago having to do with pushing the receiver out-of-bounds that (if memory serves) reduced the effectiveness of this play. I could be wrong though, my brain ain't so great anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    That signature hook route of Mason's was my favorite signature route in the history of the franchise. Unfortunately there was a rule change awhile ago having to do with pushing the receiver out-of-bounds that (if memory serves) reduced the effectiveness of this play. I could be wrong though, my brain ain't so great anymore.
    Do you mean Mason's comeback route? Where he'd come back toward the sideline?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB