Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: 2020 NFL Draft - OL Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    After literally watching zero snaps ever of the guy, this sounds like Larry Allen who is, IMO, the best player at any position ever in the NFL...
    In his dreams. Larry Allen minus a significant amount of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I don't doubt his tenacity or his mentality that he wants to kill guys on every play. But when he engages a defender and begins to drive block, I just don't see that much power
    Understood. Attitude may be there but not all the traits.

Solak listed him as his #2 iOL, in his preliminary rankings, is why I looked at him in the first place

I dont know how some of these guys do it man, I respect their grind like no other.
    It's different when it's your actual job.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post

Solak listed him as his #2 iOL, in his preliminary rankings, is why I looked at him in the first place
    Including centers? That's pretty bold.

I haven't begun to tier guys, but I do anticipate him being quite high.So far, I don't find this IOL class very top heavy, but the guys that may land in rounds 2-4 all look super solid.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

4. Re: 2020 NFL Draft - OL Prospects

I haven't begun to tier guys, but I do anticipate him being quite high.So far, I don't find this IOL class very top heavy, but the guys that may land in rounds 2-4 all look super solid.
    That's exciting considering iOL is basically a must-have given our current line situation going into 2020.

I mean, I want this just because he's one of my favorite players, but it would be all the more helpful if Yanda can be persuaded to stick around for 2020 to help continue molding Ben Powers and potentially whichever new C or LG we draft this year into a technically-sound player. C'mon Marshall! One more ride, old man!

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    That's exciting considering iOL is basically a must-have given our current line situation going into 2020.

I mean, I want this just because he's one of my favorite players, but it would be all the more helpful if Yanda can be persuaded to stick around for 2020 to help continue molding Ben Powers and potentially whichever new C or LG we draft this year into a technically-sound player. C'mon Marshall! One more ride, old man!
    For me it's about finding the LG skillset. We need someone that's mobile to run wider zones with Stanley and combo block on IZ left and pull to the right on power rights.

But we also need a natural pass blocker to help out with our C. It's great that Lamar helps our pass blocking, but the cleaner we keep him, the more we can ensure he is in the pocket focusing on his mechanics. It's when he scrambles or has to move that he loses the wide base and has a ripple effect through his mechanics (IMO re-setting his base has been the biggest issue and impacts other things as the primary cause - but I'l open to being challenged on taht).

Sooooooo, it very well could be Powers. I persoanlyl think he should ahve gotten the shot out of camp last year at LG, but I do admit Bozeman played really well from the Seattle game on.

Ben Bredeson offers a nice balance between power and mobility and I think would be a great fit. A guy like Cesar Ruiz playing LG or C with Mekari playing the other spot also makes sense.

I'll probably take some heat for it, but I just don't think Bradley Bozeman is the long term solution at LG. He doesn't have the lateral mobility or pass blocking I'd prefer to see.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

For me it's about finding the LG skillset. We need someone that's mobile to run wider zones with Stanley and combo block on IZ left and pull to the right on power rights.

But we also need a natural pass blocker to help out with our C. It's great that Lamar helps our pass blocking, but the cleaner we keep him, the more we can ensure he is in the pocket focusing on his mechanics. It's when he scrambles or has to move that he loses the wide base and has a ripple effect through his mechanics (IMO re-setting his base has been the biggest issue and impacts other things as the primary cause - but I'l open to being challenged on taht).

Sooooooo, it very well could be Powers. I persoanlyl think he should ahve gotten the shot out of camp last year at LG, but I do admit Bozeman played really well from the Seattle game on.

Ben Bredeson offers a nice balance between power and mobility and I think would be a great fit. A guy like Cesar Ruiz playing LG or C with Mekari playing the other spot also makes sense.

I'll probably take some heat for it, but I just don't think Bradley Bozeman is the long term solution at LG. He doesn't have the lateral mobility or pass blocking I'd prefer to see.
    Careful, I said I didn't think he was the longterm answer in another thread and was raked over the coals. Upgrading over him at this point is however, probably more of a luxury than anything else given how well he finished the season.

Quote Originally Posted by G54377 View Post
    Careful, I said I didn't think he was the longterm answer in another thread and was raked over the coals. Upgrading over him at this point is however, probably more of a luxury than anything else given how well he finished the season.
    I don't think he is either. Doesn't mean he didn't play above expectations.
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by G54377 View Post
    I don't disagree with you about him, but to play devil's advocate, he could stick on our Oline long term depending on the type of investment we want to make in the OL. I always go back to the idea that once you have a QB on a big contract, you can only afford to pay 3 or 4 market price deals for cornerstone players on either side of the ball, including the QB. Given that we will almost certainly pay Stanley a big, market price deal at LT, and we have Zeus II, Andrews, Hollywood, and potentially more stars on the offensive horizon, do we really want to invest a lot of additional capital into the IOL long term? Bozeman looks serviceable, and that might be all we're looking for long term barring someone far better dropping into our laps.

Nick Harris write up: https://russellstreetreport.com/2020...-g-washington/

Shane Lemieux coming this afternoon.
    - Ray Lewis

- Ray Lewis

Nick Harris write up: https://russellstreetreport.com/2020...-g-washington/

Shane Lemieux coming this afternoon.
    Everyone should know how much a bonafide center means to me. I would love this move. We become stable, better and LJ stays cleaner with ATS.

Sent from my SM-J337P using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    Everyone should know how much a bonafide center means to me. I would love this move. We become stable, better and LJ stays cleaner with ATS.
    I'm with you! I want a Center who is/has experience in that position. I think it's easier to find an OG, but I don't want to convert one. This is why I had hoped Bozemen won the job... Bc