Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: 2020 NFL Draft - OL Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    While that can be a good thing, just remember Maxx Williams... Bc
    Just remember Terrell Suggs. Maxx was a bust because he got an injury which diminished him, not because he was young. Ruiz is a great prospect, especially when you consider that the minor things about him which might be bothersome are fixable with experience and coaching. He has a great build and doesn't get pushed around at all - no reason to think he'll be a wimp on the big stage.

You have to look at each player as an individual and not automatically have visions of Maxx when you see the kid is younger coming out.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

While that can be a good thing, just remember Maxx Williams... Bc
    Definitely doesn't mean the wrold. I do agree with Rhapsody though. I think Maxx' injuries (specifically the one that caused long term damage) were what derailed him the most.

But with specific regard to Ruiz, he has some technical things I'd like to see cleaned up. That comes with experience. I think being that young makes me more hopeful that he can clean those up in his first couple of years. His physical traits (combo of speed, size) is off the charts.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rhapsody View Post
    Just remember Terrell Suggs. Maxx was a bust because he got an injury which diminished him, not because he was young. Ruiz is a great prospect, especially when you consider that the minor things about him which might be bothersome are fixable with experience and coaching. He has a great build and doesn't get pushed around at all - no reason to think he'll be a wimp on the big stage.

You have to look at each player as an individual and not automatically have visions of Maxx when you see the kid is younger coming out.
    Of course, I was just replying to the fact that Ruiz is so young, but that doesn't mean he's going to succeed. BTW, I wouldn't mind drafting Ruiz in the 2nd or 3rd round (if he's available). Also, Maxx's injury, as you put it, must not have totally healed because he has not exactly set the NFL world on fire. Some guys get it, some guys don't, their youth doesn't necessarily translate to success. That's all I'm saying... Bc

Of course, I was just replying to the fact that Ruiz is so young, but that doesn't mean he's going to succeed. BTW, I wouldn't mind drafting Ruiz in the 2nd or 3rd round (if he's available). Also, Maxx's injury, as you put it, must not have totally healed because he has not exactly set the NFL world on fire. Some guys get it, some guys don't, their youth doesn't necessarily translate to success. That's all I'm saying... Bc
    Yeah i hear you.

I think he's going mid R2 and even as high as top of R2. His physical traits are going to make a team fall in love. He'd be a trade back target for me.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Yeah i hear you.

I think he's going mid R2 and even as high as top of R2. His physical traits are going to make a team fall in love. He'd be a trade back target for me.
    GWNR, if we don't trade up or stay put @ #28 (if DeCosta doesn't see value in either), then trading back and drafting Ruiz (in the 2nd) would suit me fine. Not many may be excited to get a Center as the Ravens 1st pick, but if he's starting material then it would IMO be worth it. You not only want your 1st choice to start, but he'd fill an area of need (IOL). Then with an extra 2nd, plus (hopefully) two 3rds, and perhaps three 4ths, EDC would have plenty of draft ammo... Bc

I just watched a highlight reel of Muti from Fresno St.

I can't tell you much about his technical ability – don't know about his hand usage or whether he can pull or how well he handles stunts & stuff – but HOLY SHIT does this kid like to finish his reps! I haven't seen that much "mount" anywhere outside a Brazilian Jujitsu class.

He seems to think it's not a rep if someone isn't on the ground. Dude's favorite is to knock a guy down and land on him. His second favorite seems to be to knock a guy down, wait for him to almost finish scrambling back to his feet, then knock him down again. He's just a bully. A straight-up steal-your-lunch-money bully.

Looks like the kind of O-lineman who drives defenders out of their minds. Blocking "thru the whistle", maniacal about "finishing" his blocks, etc. If he can play in the league, I bet a lot of defenders throw punches after the whistle over the course of his career. He'll make one fan base very happy; and annoy the shit out of the divisional-opponent fan bases.

NOT saying I particularly want him over other players. I don't know about his traits and his technical ability. But wow, do I like the attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post

I can't tell you much about his technical ability – don't know about his hand usage or whether he can pull or how well he handles stunts & stuff – but HOLY SHIT does this kid like to finish his reps! I haven't seen that much "mount" anywhere outside a Brazilian Jujitsu class.

He seems to think it's not a rep if someone isn't on the ground. Dude's favorite is to knock a guy down and land on him. His second favorite seems to be to knock a guy down, wait for him to almost finish scrambling back to his feet, then knock him down again. He's just a bully. A straight-up steal-your-lunch-money bully.

Looks like the kind of O-lineman who drives defenders out of their minds. Blocking "thru the whistle", maniacal about "finishing" his blocks, etc. If he can play in the league, I bet a lot of defenders throw punches after the whistle over the course of his career. He'll make one fan base very happy; and annoy the shit out of the divisional-opponent fan bases.

NOT saying I particularly want him over other players. I don't know about his traits and his technical ability. But wow, do I like the attitude.
    His tenacity is a major plus. He'll be out next Thursday on my schedule. Hopefulyl that can help with some of the technical aspects.
    - Ray Lewis

Remember, they said he was the first NFL player to undergo whatever procedure it was that let him play again.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Yeah i hear you.

He would be an attractive target for Cincy at the top of round 2, IMO. Surely Mike Brown and Duke Tobin can figure out that it would be a good idea to protect Joe Burrow. And does KC have a good C? Helping Mahomes stay upright would be high on my list as GM.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

Smile Re: 2020 NFL Draft - OL Prospects

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Remember, they said he was the first NFL player to undergo whatever procedure it was that let him play again.
    Ort, thanks for the reminder. Everyone on this board seems more savvy than me and that's how I learn. Can't wait for our RSR mock draft to begin... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post

After literally watching zero snaps ever of the guy, this sounds like Larry Allen who is, IMO, the best player at any position ever in the NFL...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tenacity is a double edged sword. There's quite a few reps where he overextends and ends up leaning. Lose your base, lose your balance, lose your rep.

The USC game is a good example of where I don't see a lot of power. He had a hard time dropping his anchor.

I don't doubt his tenacity or his mentality that he wants to kill guys on every play. But when he engages a defender and begins to drive block, I just don't see that much power, which IMO is what I'm lookjing for in a mauler. If I get time I'll post some clips. I've been trying to watching a higher quantity of guys this year and it's hurt the amount of quality reporting I can do (i.e. less videos). I dont know how some of these guys do it man, I respect their grind like no other.
    - Ray Lewis