Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: 2020 NFL Draft - OL Prospects

Not much tape to look at, but have you looked into Netane Muti? That should define mauler from other reports I have seen(PFF).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Maulers:
    Bredeson - Really gives me Yanda vibes (Yanda as a prospect, not saying he's an all-pro / HoF candidate)
    Lemieux - I just wish his foot speed and upper body control was better in space.
    Robert Hunt, Louisiana - guy is an absolute animal
    Damien Lewis, LSU
    Logan Stenberg, Kentucky - He stood out to me watching IDL guys because he drove them off the ball.
    Solomon Kindley

As for pass protectors, do you mean at OT?
    Ty.

I was thinking OT and/or OG, with the thought that the OT might be moved inside or be the swing OL

Blog Entries

If we draft O-line then my preference would be a top-notch Center. Skura is a BIG ?, Mekari I see as a solid back-up, and Bozeman seems to have taken over the LG spot. If we can get one with a high (2nd or 3rd?) round pick, as long as he is deemed to be starter material, then I'd draft that guy... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Ty.

I was thinking OT and/or OG, with the thought that the OT might be moved inside or be the swing OL
    I haven't gotten to OT's yet and I want to avoid talking out of my ass.

I did watch Jon Runyan when I was doing Michigan. He's been referred to as a pass protector, but he looked really shitty on tape. I think he'll be a swing OT and likly be a 6th-7th round pick. Remindsm e of James Hurst actually.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Not much tape to look at, but have you looked into Netane Muti? That should define mauler from other reports I have seen(PFF).

I saw PFF's write-up and disagreed with it.

I think he's a zone OG in the NFL. Reminds me of a Roger Saffold type guy. He's lighter too at 6'3 307.

I agree with TheDraftNetwork's write up more than PFF:

Anchor Ability - He's not a power player, despite his tenacious approach. Can get pulled forward or overextended with his weight and as a result will fail to recover if he's snatched or pulled forward off his anchor. Good lower body mobility to sink, bend and drop his hips when he's pressed assertively with power.
    Power at POA - He's tenacious. Appreciate the quickness he's able to build in short spaces and his foot activity to run defenders off the ball or convert their momentum into a wash out of the play. He's got good coil through his frame to pop and uproot defensive linemen at first contact.
    He's definitely tenacious and a lot of that comes from speed and body control at the POA. But he doesn't push guys off the ball in a power play (Like what you'd be required to do if you were the playside OG on a power play).

I think in an outside zone scheme (TEN, LAR, PIT) he's going to find a good home, but in a multi-use scheme like ours, I have some concerns. As a LG in our scheme it may work though. Especially beside Stanley getting the ball outside with a guy like Justice HIll or pulling on power rights behind Yanda.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

This brings up such an interesting point that I've discussed quite a few times. I just sometimes see completely different things on tape then some of the national guys.

I just wrote up Nevilel Gallimore after watching him this morning and I went and read Zierlein's write up on him where he said he had inconsistent hand usage. The 3rd line in my strengths part for Gallimore is "Very active hands throughout the rep, including on twists as he hand fights from one blocker to the next as he goes down the line".

I've just found that there's no sense in arguing. I see what I see and I report it lol.
    - Ray Lewis

This brings up such an interesting point that I've discussed quite a few times. I just sometimes see completely different things on tape then some of the national guys.

I just wrote up Nevilel Gallimore after watching him this morning and I went and read Zierlein's write up on him where he said he had inconsistent hand usage. The 3rd line in my strengths part for Gallimore is "Very active hands throughout the rep, including on twists as he hand fights from one blocker to the next as he goes down the line".

I've just found that there's no sense in arguing. I see what I see and I report it lol.
    I can only report back for myself, but please keep doing just that.

I try to be consistent to point out when my points come from others or my own eyes. I have worked almost every Saturday for 20 years... I don’t watch college football to any realistic degree my “opinions are borrowed”.

I hear Mike Renner, on YouTube, who i generally agree with call Muti his IOL1 because he is a mauler and Brededon a mid rounder and can only parrot that opinion back. I have certainly seen Michigan play, but I wasn’t only focused on him every snap.

So I am lost, because two people who’s viewpoints generally line up with my own are completely opposite on two prospects... guess I will just wait until April and praise whom ever EDC picks because I don’t has time to watch every snap from everyone in the next 60 days...

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I can only report back for myself, but please keep doing just that.

I try to be consistent to point out when my points come from others or my own eyes. I have worked almost every Saturday for 20 years... I don’t watch college football to any realistic degree my “opinions are borrowed”.

I hear Mike Renner, on YouTube, who i generally agree with call Muti his IOL1 because he is a mauler and Brededon a mid rounder and can only parrot that opinion back. I have certainly seen Michigan play, but I wasn’t only focused on him every snap.

So I am lost, because two people who’s viewpoints generally line up with my own are completely opposite on two prospects... guess I will just wait until April and praise whom ever EDC picks because I don’t has time to watch every snap from everyone in the next 60 days...

Hey I respect that. Could be a definitional thing of what a mauler is.

For Bredeson, I see him in 1-on-1 situations consistently push his man off the line. That’s a mauler to me.

I just reached out to a few folks for some A22 on Muti. If I can get it I’ll post some clips and we can take a closer look.
    - Ray Lewis

Cesar Ruiz is coming out today. Ruiz took massive steps forward from 2018 (ugly ass technique) to 2019. I think Ruiz has a lot more potnetial. I compe'd him to Nick Mangold.
    Edgar Allen sees him as a Pro Bowl center:

One surprising thing Edgar notes, very late in the vid: he calls Ruiz a "slow starter". Say that he's not as sharp & alert on the first series of games as he is later. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Edgar Allen sees him as a Pro Bowl center:

One surprising thing Edgar notes, very late in the vid: he calls Ruiz a "slow starter". Say that he's not as sharp & alert on the first series of games as he is later. Interesting.
    He's very young. He'll be 21 when the season starts. Turns 21 in June or July.
    - Ray Lewis

That's exciting all by itself!

This time of year, man – I'll probably fall in love with like 20 or 30 guys between now and draft day.

Blog Entries

While that can be a good thing, just remember Maxx Williams... Bc