ESPN 30 for 30: Michael Vick

Michael Vick claims to have learned his lesson and his sincerity in this ESPN 30 for 30 is compelling. Yet until we see the words translate to action, most aren’t sold…until he ultimately follows through on his word.

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: ESPN 30 for 30: Michael Vick

he lost me in his last touching expose, when he said his dad was hardly around, because he was working.....

does it mention his first night home from prison? instead of spending time with family he goes to a strip club with Allen Iverson.

Quote Originally Posted by ninetysixer View Post
    he lost me in his last touching expose, when he said his dad was hardly around, because he was working.....

does it mention his first night home from prison? instead of spending time with family he goes to a strip club with Allen Iverson.
    >NO NO NO YOU CAN'T SPEND TIME WITH YOUR FRIENDS FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS AFTER BEING AWAY 2 YEARS FROM PRISON

Huh?

presumably his family visited him in prison while strippers did not

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    >NO NO NO YOU CAN'T SPEND TIME WITH YOUR FRIENDS FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS AFTER BEING AWAY 2 YEARS FROM PRISON

Huh?
    man i couldnt imagine being away from my young children for 2 years, not for a week or a month, but for 2 years.......

Animal abusers and killers are scum in my opinion

I'm thinking that's a logical place to go after being in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    presumably his family visited him in prison while strippers did not
    Hahahaha. You win today

man i couldnt imagine being away from my young children for 2 years, not for a week or a month, but for 2 years.......
    I wonder what he was doing all this time then?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Animal abusers and killers are scum in my opinion
    No one is going to be able to sit through watching a man do the following to their dog, and forgive him after doing two years in prison:

Pry it’s teeth apart
    Use water torture on it
    Stab it
    Electrocute it
    Starve it
    Force it to fight
    Torture it some more if it loses
    Outright kill it if no more money can be made off of it

This is one of those things that makes some so uncomfortable to even think about, they’ll just try their best to not think of the true, gruesome and horrible details of it.

Abusing women is another one. When we hear that a player abused a woman and it’s confirmed to have been true, many will try to think of the tamest version of abuse so that it can just be written off as a mere mistake and they don’t have to deal with the discomfort of the true reality.

I understand the thought process behind it. Torturing dogs just really gets under my skin, to put it lightly.

For me, running a dog-fighting ring is not something two years in prison, followed by image repair, does enough for, in my opinion.

I will, however, respect the opinion of others. Mine is mine. Yours is yours.