Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Chuck Clark - 3 year extension

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    We going to do this again? I'll fight.
    Best ability is availability man. He was a great ST’er and depth, but could not stay on the field at all.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I like Clark but is it the consensus that Earl didn't play well?

After the first few weeks I thought he was good. I don't recall our defense giving up many big plays, he didn't get beat often and he added some blitzes and interceptions.
    Earl was a very valuable part of the defence.

QBs basically never threw to his side of the field and when they did, their completion rates sucked.

People get way too worked up over the fact that he has a big mouth and occasionally loses one-on-ones against good running backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Best ability is availability man. He was a great ST’er and depth, but could not stay on the field at all.
    Luckily he'll only be 23 when the season starts.

Gotta love drafting 21 year olds.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Clark will only get better. Could be an all pro one day

This is the kind of signing Ozzie generally didn’t do. Glad EDC has changed that

Luckily he'll only be 23 when the season starts.

Gotta love drafting 21 year olds.
    Not writing him off, but definitely not counting on him

Love the signing. Wondering who the next early extension candidate will be...
    Outside of our 1st round picks like Stanley and Humphrey of course.
    Bowser could be one if we trust him. Wormley is is a "No". He's going to need to prove something to get a 2nd contract
    Next year it could be Bozeman. He's one of those rising players who his teammates seem to like.
    O. Brown and Andrews seem like good candidates next year, but they will not be cheap.

My guess is Orlando Brown will get a very big extension after next year's Super Bowl.

I wonder why this guy took a penny less than Jefferson. 8.5 million a year would still be worthy of Clark production

He tweeted a congratulations to Chuck. It sucks because he really is the guy you want to root for. But I agree with you. It was an obvious move, and Chuck clark signing just made it a guarantee 100% lock.

I wish TJ the best.
    Yup, I like TJ the leader and the person, seems like an extremely hard worker and was really reliable...and the young players on defense loved him.

I wish him all the best and I hope at some point he comes back to be a part of the organization.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Great signing, Love the player and the contract. EDC, Pat and team and going to work.

Players are going to want to play here with Lamar and on this TEAM. We are going to get opportunities to fill out the roster with vets now on reduced contracts.

I actually hope we can keep TJ on a significantly reduced contract. He's coming off a big injury so what is he realistically going to get on the open market? $1-2 million guaranteed? Why not come back for the minimum with some incentives for games played, playing time %. He can play a Levine type role and rotate in as needed. Much rather have TJ as the depth on this roster given his experience and leadership.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_21 View Post
    Great signing, Love the player and the contract. EDC, Pat and team and going to work.

Players are going to want to play here with Lamar and on this TEAM. We are going to get opportunities to fill out the roster with vets now on reduced contracts.

I actually hope we can keep TJ on a significantly reduced contract. He's coming off a big injury so what is he realistically going to get on the open market? $1-2 million guaranteed? Why not come back for the minimum with some incentives for games played, playing time %. He can play a Levine type role and rotate in as needed. Much rather have TJ as the depth on this roster given his experience and leadership.
    I doubt TJ would want to take a diminish role and he would also have to play special teams. Think he will have the opportunity elsewhere for more money. Would love to have him back at vet minimum. Don’t see that happening though

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    Jefferson playing days for the Ravens is over my man. No need to have any role for him. He will be cut.
    Just what are you advocating the team does with his salary and cap implications 2020?