Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Chuck Clark - 3 year extension

How does this affect the CAP this year?

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Won't know until the details come out.... Averages to $6.3 a year....Which is a steal for a quality starter

Blog Entries

Lock him up early.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Another smart move by EDC
    Subtle moves by EDC are where EDC is at his best. He doesn't lock him up too long, or break the bank $$ doing so. However, keeping the young secondary nucleus of Peters, Young, Humphrey and Clark together is a big plus.. This may say more about Jefferson... I still feel the team needs help in this area. (Thomas isn't getting younger or faster. He seemed to avoid contact more than not last year. I saw that trend with Weddle before he was signed by the Rams ..... Many options, but only the coaches know what they have in guys like Elliott, or even Marshall. Playing Brandon Carr at the S position last year told us a lot as well. Again, I think the S position will be one targeted with one of our ten draft picks. The big questions that are in the teams control will be what to do with veterans Jimmy Smith, Brandon Carr and Tony Jefferson. Jefferson ($ 11.6 cap hit in 2020)and Carr ($7M) are signed, Jimmy is a URFA. Brandon has been one player in the secondary that IMHO has been invaluable, durable and plays the game and prepares that way a pro should!

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    3/19 with $10m guaranteed according to LaConfora.
    Correction it's actually an extension of 3/15.3. Per Adam Schefter. $5.5m signing bonus
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Good smart move. Clark isn't a great player by any stretch, but he's a young, solid, reliable player at a position this franchise has really struggled to draft.

Right player, right price.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Love this. Chuck Clark is a good player. He outplayed ETIII and TJ.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I love this move. Chuck Clark really showed what he could do this year and the team is now rewarding him. This is great news

Quote Originally Posted by 21xxxv View Post
    Subtle moves by EDC are where EDC is at his best. He doesn't lock him up too long, or break the bank $$ doing so. However, keeping the young secondary nucleus of Peters, Young, Humphrey and Clark together is a big plus.. This may say more about Jefferson... I still feel the team needs help in this area. (Thomas isn't getting younger or faster. He seemed to avoid contact more than not last year. I saw that trend with Weddle before he was signed by the Rams ..... Many options, but only the coaches know what they have in guys like Elliott, or even Marshall. Playing Brandon Carr at the S position last year told us a lot as well. Again, I think the S position will be one targeted with one of our ten draft picks. The big questions that are in the teams control will be what to do with veterans Jimmy Smith, Brandon Carr and Tony Jefferson. Jefferson ($ 11.6 cap hit in 2020)and Carr ($7M) are signed, Jimmy is a URFA. Brandon has been one player in the secondary that IMHO has been invaluable, durable and plays the game and prepares that way a pro should!
    Edit: Would the team not benefit from Jefferson playing in the box when we are playing (6) db's? His contract and his age leave me to think that's an option. Having him play the role Levine used to play.. Tony can tackle but his pass defense is his weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Wasn’t he a 6th round pick? Who’s complaining about a “wasted” 6th? He’s always been a good ST’er at minimum. People complaining about Chuck Clark are dumb.
    At the time, lots of people on this forum were unhappy with picking another special teams guy/backup safety, instead of going after WR or OL. Because none of us knew that he was apparently one of the smartest guys in the draft.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Love this. Chuck Clark is a good player. He outplayed ETIII and TJ.
    which isnt saying much, but i love this deal, communication breakdowns became a thing of the past when he became the starter

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    The original info I saw that it was a 3 year extension through 2023.

This, if true, is critical. That would mean it's the remainder of his rookie deal (adding the playing time escalator) PLUS an additional 3 seasons. In all likelihood this would just take his cap figure for 2020 and add the bonus proration portion. If this is the case, I like the contract to the tune of a B+ grade.

If it's a 3 year extension through 2022, which overwrites his 2020 4th year of rookie contract, then I'd put the deal at a C/C+ range.