Blog Entries

The amount of carbon dioxide emitted in the United States last year was the lowest in 27 years.

Re: The amount of carbon dioxide emitted in the United States last year was the lowest in 27 years.

That ain't good.

The human race nearly died out completely thanks to CO2 starvation in plants during the last glacial period. It did wipe out the Neanderthals. The amount of CO2 in the air then was 180 ppm. Today it's 400 ppm.https://www.academia.edu/3164654/The...?auto=download
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Re: The amount of carbon dioxide emitted in the United States last year was the lowest in 27 years.

I thought only taxes reduced CO2!? This graph must be wrong... Maybe India and China should chip in their "fair share" on the Paris Agreement?
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    That ain't good.

The human race nearly died out completely thanks to CO2 starvation in plants during the last glacial period. It did wipe out the Neanderthals. The amount of CO2 in the air then was 180 ppm. Today it's 400 ppm.https://www.academia.edu/3164654/The...?auto=download
    Are you posting a link that claims they knew the co2 percentage back thousands of years ago??? And you immediately assume that only humans contribute??

This crap is why most educated people question the religion of man made global warming

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Are you posting a link that claims they knew the co2 percentage back thousands of years ago??? And you immediately assume that only humans contribute??

This crap is why most educated people question the religion of man made global warming
    We know WAY BETTER about past CO2 levels than we do about future levels.

You can use ice core samples and get a pretty accurate history of CO2 levels.

And I think you have it backward, I believe he was pointing out that climate change is crapola.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    We know WAY BETTER about past CO2 levels than we do about future levels.

You can use ice core samples and get a pretty accurate history of CO2 levels.

And I think you have it backward, I believe he was pointing out that climate change is crapola.
    My apologies.

I still question if we know past co2 levels based on ice, or if it is just a guess.

And even if they know the levels, how do we know what caused the levels. A lot of this is just entering data into a computer and asking the computer to calculate. Since we don’t have AI yet, and calculations that we get, can and probably will be, skewed, by the one entering and manipulating the data.

I just learned last year that all water temps prior to the late 40’s were just guesses

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

My apologies.

I still question if we know past co2 levels based on ice, or if it is just a guess.

And even if they know the levels, how do we know what caused the levels. A lot of this is just entering data into a computer and asking the computer to calculate. Since we don’t have AI yet, and calculations that we get, can and probably will be, skewed, by the one entering and manipulating the data.

I just learned last year that all water temps prior to the late 40’s were just guesses
    I believe the ice CO2 computations are probably accurate, at least in terms of trends of higher and lower periods.

Beyond that you are correct. Did past high CO2 levels cause higher temps or were the high CO2 levels a result of high temps? High temps cause water (oceans) to release CO2, so what is said to be the cause could very likely be the effect.

And the fact is when the temps are warmer life flourishes. Plant and animal life.

"A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    That ain't good.

My and my Tundra will take action. We must save the Earf.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    My and my Tundra will take action. We must save the Earf.
    A demolition derby to save Earf!
    ProFootballMock

Diesel owners. Doing our share to keep it the air right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk