Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: The Economy - Bush, Obama, Trump

The media always claim that growth rate for the economy has been higher under Obama than under Trump as were numbers of jobs created. BUT, Obama was climbing out of a recession and such large increases would be be expected for that reason.But Trump's growth has come on top of an already expanding economy when a slowdown might have been expected. Instead, it's kept growing. That is the amazing thing.It shows he's actually doing something to keep the expansion going.

Quote Originally Posted by mikezpen View Post
    The media always claim that growth rate for the economy has been higher under Obama than under Trump as were numbers of jobs created. BUT, Obama was climbing out of a recession and such large increases would be be expected for that reason.But Trump's growth has come on top of an already expanding economy when a slowdown might have been expected. Instead, it's kept growing. That is the amazing thing.It shows he's actually doing something to keep the expansion going.
    It's exponentially easier to see a decrease in U3 from 6% to 5% than it is from 4% to 3%.

1. sub 4% is considered full employment
    2. this should be a math duh.

This is how good the economy currently is. When is the last time you walked into, or did business with business that wasn’t hiring? How about someone hiring for under $2 over minimum wage?

Unless things are far different 90 minutes south, Central PA is ridiculous. The job candidate market is completely barren, the job market is overflowing, capitalism at its finest, we have gas stations starting in the double digits and amazon at $15... no one can find employees. I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Social Security should be eliminated. It sucks that nobody could ever run on that, and it would be political suicide, but it has never been anything more than a ponzi scheme. It is why Pensions fail... they are unsustainable... We need to cut our losses and move on from that system. Bush, early on, had a decent proposal to have savings accounts that would be put into 401k accounts and take government out as the middle man... it would have caused a massive injection of capital into the market... revenues to government would have shot up dramatically... our deficit would have been eliminated insanely fast at the time. It was voted down in congress in 2001. The current economic landscape today would have looked way different.
    Yeah, Bush didn't send anything to Congress. He floated a few trial balloons that didn't "test" well in the polls and he ended the push. This idea was the only reason I voted for him in that general election and he sent me right back to the libertarians before they became heavy pot-smoking screwballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Yeah, Bush didn't send anything to Congress. He floated a few trial balloons that didn't "test" well in the polls and he ended the push. This idea was the only reason I voted for him in that general election and he sent me right back to the libertarians before they became heavy pot-smoking screwballs.
    That is almost identical to my thinking on that as well. It was his biggest campaign promise that I was behind 100%... otherwise he was meh. I will say that I am VERY glad he was in office during 9/11... he was the leadership we needed at that point. Can you imagine if that had been Al Gore??
    While I did not fully support Iraq, I did fully support our efforts against the Taliban and Al Quaida at the time. However, knocking off Saddam did give us some geographic and logistics advantages against them. What we didn't know prior to attacking Iraq, is that when we interviewed Saddam and his advisers after the fact, they all thought we were going to ask them for assistance against Al-Quaida and the Taliban, and were going to help us because they hated them as much as we did... so that is a little f'd up. Apparently Saddam wasn't quite as anti-American as we were lead to believe... most of what he was doing was to keep Iran at bay, which is why he was lying about having WMD. He was pretending to have WMD as a deterrent to any Iranian hostilities...
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    That is almost identical to my thinking on that as well. It was his biggest campaign promise that I was behind 100%... otherwise he was meh. I will say that I am VERY glad he was in office during 9/11... he was the leadership we needed at that point. Can you imagine if that had been Al Gore??
    While I did not fully support Iraq, I did fully support our efforts against the Taliban and Al Quaida at the time. However, knocking off Saddam did give us some geographic and logistics advantages against them. What we didn't know prior to attacking Iraq, is that when we interviewed Saddam and his advisers after the fact, they all thought we were going to ask them for assistance against Al-Quaida and the Taliban, and were going to help us because they hated them as much as we did... so that is a little f'd up. Apparently Saddam wasn't quite as anti-American as we were lead to believe... most of what he was doing was to keep Iran at bay, which is why he was lying about having WMD. He was pretending to have WMD as a deterrent to any Iranian hostilities...
    Makes perfect sense seeing as we( the US gov) put Saddam in power. To do just what you said...control Iran.

Shit we also “funded,and assisted in the empowerment “ of bin Laden! “We” needed him to fight off the Russians in Afghanistan.

At the end of the day ...if our own government wasn’t soo damn corrupt and greedy...we wouldn’t have half the problems we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    At the end of the day ...if our own government wasn’t soo damn corrupt and greedy...we wouldn’t have half the problems we have now.
    This is why most of us are conservatives

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    This is why most of us are conservatives
    Lol. Yes. I see that. But our government is corrupt on all sides. There is only one party in DC. ...the Greed party.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Lol. Yes. I see that. But our government is corrupt on all sides. There is only one party in DC. ...the Greed party.
    That’s why I said “conservatives” and not “Republicans”

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    Please give this a fair read. Today, everything is about blaming people for why things are the way they are. Instead, as Americans, it should be about us building or improving upon what was done before. Our system isn't perfect. Lots of people have been left behind and things aren't working for some folks.

My quick simple takes.

Bush taxcuts and the sub-prime mortgage fiasco crashed the economy. Deficits were low

Obama blew up deficits trying to recover from crash. Slowly recovered. Markets, employment, trending up. Deficits trending down, mostly due to austerity (GOP Congress)

Trump ticked those economic, job numbers up to another higher level. Deficits up due to Trump tax cuts and military spending. Judgement still out on end effect of taxcuts.

Look at the trend lines.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/markets...9-9-1028833119

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Incorrect. President Bush and John McCain warned about Fannie and Freddie only to have Democrats like Barney Frank ignore.

https://www.realclearmarkets.com/art...ubprime_m.html

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Incorrect. President Bush and John McCain warned about Fannie and Freddie only to have Democrats like Barney Frank ignore.

https://www.realclearmarkets.com/art...ubprime_m.html
    And let’s not forget, the demos took control of spending in 2006. If you look at the collapse of the economy, it was a combination of spending and ignoring the housing crisis. Can’t blame Bush for either of those