Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Besides a top tier add at reciever, should the coaches give some already on the roster a fair chance

If Diggs is actually gonna be available the go get that man. Insane talent on an even better contract.

Re: Besides a top tier add at reciever, should the coaches give some already on the roster a fair chance

Diggs gonna cry he don’t get targets

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    I love Brown so far as I think he's just scratching the surface. Snead is Snead and hopefully Boykin will improve.

That being said, several WRs on the roster and practice squad showed a bunch of promise and made plays in training camp every day but haven't had any shot to see if they break out in real games. Jaleel Scott is my biggest example. We need a big possession guy and that's exactly what he is. There were several games where he could have come into real games late with big leads to see if he could be something. Not allowing him a chance will never give an answer to that question of whether he could help the team. Maybe he's better than Boykin or Roberts etc... but we'll never know unless given the chance.

Monster could be a great shifty solid guy with great hands and Wesley could show something.

I realize there are only so many reps and spots to go around, but there were plenty of times to have Scott active and give him some plays.

Any thoughts on this or is it just wishful thinking that one of our answers are already here. Plenty of players throughout the years in the league sat for a few years but shined when given the opportunity.
    Not sure why WR is a need at all. Its always been questionable whether the Ravens, who have historically prioritized the run gave ever even had room for 2 great WRs. But now the ravens have the best rush attack in history with much of the the QB yards coming from rushes or through their pro bowl TE.

On this team even Brown would really be the #2 option and hes shown promise to be a #1 with his limited snaps his rookie year. Willie Snead is a solid #2 and/or slot receiver on most teams. On this team hes buried because of the type of offense this is. So im not sure adding more receivers helps this team improve. It would make more sense to use resources on getting a guard, center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by justifythegame View Post
    Not sure why WR is a need at all. Its always been questionable whether the Ravens, who have historically prioritized the run gave ever even had room for 2 great WRs. But now the ravens have the best rush attack in history with much of the the QB yards coming from rushes or through their pro bowl TE.

On this team even Brown would really be the #2 option and hes shown promise to be a #1 with his limited snaps his rookie year. Willie Snead is a solid #2 and/or slot receiver on most teams. On this team hes buried because of the type of offense this is. So im not sure adding more receivers helps this team improve. It would make more sense to use resources on getting a guard, center.

This offense was worse when Hollywood and Andrews were injured. When Andrews is having an off game who else can win matchups on offense. To be good on offense you have to be better at creating matchups in the passing game while having strong O-line play up front in run and pass. To me it seems like the offense is halfway there with where they want to go. Bottom line: Improve O-line and get more versatile at skill positions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    This offense was worse when Hollywood and Andrews were injured. When Andrews is having an off game who else can win matchups on offense. To be good on offense you have to be better at creating matchups in the passing game while having strong O-line play up front in run and pass. To me it seems like the offense is halfway there with where they want to go. Bottom line: Improve O-line and get more versatile at skill positions.
    Good point. Buffalo and Tennessee were two teams that stymied our offense pretty well and it's probably no coincidence that Andrews was hurt/not 100% in both of those games.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Don’t understand this.

First off, Willie Snead is a solid no 3, in no world is Willie Snead a good no 2, sorry.

Secondly everyone acts like we didnt prioritize the WRs in this offense for any other reason than the WRs in this offense aren’t very good. Hollywood came in as a rookie and was heads and shoulders above every single other player. This offense didnt use the WR much because our WRs aren’t that good, meanwhile we have high end talent and depth at TE and a QB who makes our RBs look like otherworldly superstars. This offense was fantastic this season, but the next step is to continue improving the passing game while depending less on Lamars legs from a workload standpoint. I fully believe we can run the same offense where Lamars unique rushing ability totally demoralizes defenses and opens up wide open running lanes for our backs while pulling Lamars rushing attempts back by about 15-20%. But we cant do that until we get the horses in the passing games to take that next step.

Good to great wrs make qbs lives easier

Blog Entries

Report: Vikings unlikely to part ways with Stefon Diggs :

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-stefon-diggs/

... Bc

I honestly don’t think we need a top-tier WR. We had THE BEST offense in the NFL last year, and did that with mediocre WR vets and a couple impressive rookie receivers who will likely continue to improve. If we’re gonna invest anything significant in our offense, I think that money and effort would be better spent on the O Line. Personally though, I think the front 7 ought to be a bigger priority than anything on our offense

Blog Entries

No,the Ravens should be in win now mode

They dont have time to hope somebody steps up

Get a proven player

They gotta win it all in the next 2 seasons before Lamar is up for an extension

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by YoCo757 View Post
    I honestly don’t think we need a top-tier WR. We had THE BEST offense in the NFL last year, and did that with mediocre WR vets and a couple impressive rookie receivers who will likely continue to improve. If we’re gonna invest anything significant in our offense, I think that money and effort would be better spent on the O Line. Personally though, I think the front 7 ought to be a bigger priority than anything on our offense
    Lack of talent at WR is why they lost in the playoffs

If that group doesn’t improve significantly then except the same results next year

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Boykin and Brown will be the starters next year. Both hit 1,000 yards.
    I agree that they both have the ABILITY for that. But if we draft a WR in round 1 this year, Boykin's gonna be WR3, and he's just not going to get the hundred or so targets required to get to a thousand yards.