Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Todd Gurley

Blog Entries

Re: Todd Gurley

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    When will y'all learn to trust me even when it doesn't yet make sense to you?
    When you're correct more often than a blindfolded guy tossing darts at a dartboard. That is to say, never.

You're a major contributor here - but your major contribution is to the mostly-nonsensical background noise people have to fight their way through in order to have a halfway intelligent conversation about football.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Just when I thought I read the shit take of the year 5 days ago...

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

There are contractual terms during a trade that you can negotiate with the other team that would have them paying a certain percentage of it.
    Well that isn't a straight trade, you are asking to renegotiate with the other team/player before making a trade.

If you don't come to an agreement though, you get the contract as is.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    When you're correct more often than a blindfolded guy tossing darts at a dartboard. That is to say, never.

You're a major contributor here - but your major contribution is to the mostly-nonsensical background noise people have to fight their way through in order to have a halfway intelligent conversation about football.
    Im right pretty often. If I kept a log of all the times I've been right it's probably at least 65% accuracy.

Not trying to toot my own horn but to simply defend agsinst your obviously incorrect argument.

- I predicted we were interested in drafting a new QB and that it was Lamar

- I was right about the following 2018 players being studs: Calvin Ridley, Deebo Samuel, Josh Allen, Fitzpatrick, Mark Andrews (also had us drafting him), Will Hernandez, Christian Kirk, among others.. all these guys were on my list of interest for the Ravens. My only dud was Rosen.

- Most of all I was right about our woes being Joe Flaccos fault and that we needed to move on from him. Mind you, about 80% of the board was still Pro-Joe at this time.

- I was even right about Kyler Murray choosing football over baseball when he decided to play another year of football in college and was alreasy drafted by the A's. People said "no way! Look at all the money he's going to make in baseball and in a significantly more injury-free sport!" But I said "nope his love is football just watch" lo and behold Murray is playing football and I also called it he'd be a #1 overall pick.

I can go on and on.

The Kyler Murray Thread:

https://forum.russellstreetreport.co...6-Kyler-Murray

Nobody saw it coming but me. 🤷*♂️

i'm glad every post doesn't devolve into an argument over you-know-who anymore, but it is discouraging how every post now has a mandatory Hurst comment.

our QB had the 6th most rushing yards in the league, our #1RB had 1000+ yds and 5.0 yds/carry. our #2RB had the third most yds/carry in the league (5.3). in terms of building the roster I think it's fair to think of Lamar as the #2RB, Ingram as the #1RB, and Edwards as the #3RB. and there's at least a decent chance that Ricard is a full-time FB next season and starts getting carries as well. Gurley (if he goes anywhere) will go to a team MUCH MORE desperate for a RB than the Ravens. honestly they're so stacked in the run game that if they do bring in a FA, it might well be as a returner.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Just when I thought I read the shit take of the year 5 days ago...
    Link? Think I missed that, but it sounds interesting.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    our QB had the 6th most rushing yards in the league, our #1RB had 1000+ yds and 5.0 yds/carry. our #2RB had the third most yds/carry in the league (5.3). in terms of building the roster I think it's fair to think of Lamar as the #2RB, Ingram as the #1RB, and Edwards as the #3RB. and there's at least a decent chance that Ricard is a full-time FB next season and starts getting carries as well. Gurley (if he goes anywhere) will go to a team MUCH MORE desperate for a RB than the Ravens. honestly they're so stacked in the run game that if they do bring in a FA, it might well be as a returner.
    So you want our QB to be our RB2 again?

You guys are right about Gurley he really is done. Wow! He sucks.

Blog Entries

You guys are right about Gurley he really is done. Wow! He sucks.
    How long do think it will be before that knee gives out? That's the real issue. You have a player who you have to pay over $16 million to just in 2020 with some real questionable health. With Ingram and Gus signed why take that risk? It would be cheaper and safer to trade for LeVeon Bell if you really had the need to bring in a star RB.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    How long do think it will be before that knee gives out? That's the real issue. You have a player who you have to pay over $16 million to just in 2020 with some real questionable health. With Ingram and Gus signed why take that risk? It would be cheaper and safer to trade for LeVeon Bell if you really had the need to bring in a star RB.
    I've been barking up that tree of wanting Bell since about 2018 at least.

Ingram is in his 30s now and the playoffs showed what we really think of Gus. Gurley is just 25 and IMO can get back to form especially being here where he won't be overused with carries. The Rams know that they're gonna have to still take a big chunk of that contract in order to trade him btw. That won't be an issue as they are desperate for a better financial situation.