Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Trading our first round pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yup I think you get a 2nd and maybe a 4th or 5th as well, I'd consider that depending on who was on the board
    A 2nd and 5th doesn't seem enough value. A 2nd and a 3rd/high 4th would be more like it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    A 2nd and 5th doesn't seem enough value. A 2nd and a 3rd/high 4th would be more like it.
    I said a 2nd and maybe 4th - same thing..

or maybe they could sit tight and draft a guy like this: http://walterfootball.com/scoutingre...0LShenault.php

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

That would do nicely.

Blog Entries

That would do nicely.
    Sorry, not for me. I'd rather stay @ #28 and get the BPA, especially if he's a pass-rusher, ILB, WR, or even IOL. We're on the cusp of something special here, even with the two playoff one-and-dones, so why not go for a top-notch player who's available when our turn to choose comes? It's not as if we don't have enough draft picks and are in need of more. Plus, and I'm no expert, I think we've got a couple of Comp picks who can now be traded, coming too. I'd rather trade up some to get the cream of what's left than get more 2nd rate players. JMO... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Sorry, not for me. I'd rather stay @ #28 and get the BPA, especially if he's a pass-rusher, ILB, WR, or even IOL. We're on the cusp of something special here, even with the two playoff one-and-dones, so why not go for a top-notch player who's available when our turn to choose comes? It's not as if we don't have enough draft picks and are in need of more. Plus, and I'm no expert, I think we've got a couple of Comp picks who can now be traded, coming too. I'd rather trade up some to get the cream of what's left than get more 2nd rate players. JMO... Bc
    Bc.... but as you stated we have a ton of draft picks available to us this year. We are not going to use those selections. If we have a group of players that are rated around the same value. There is no reason we couldn’t package a few picks and trade up in the second/third rounds.

Unless four or five qbs are picked before the Ravens. I just don’t see a pick worth it at 28. Think you would get the same value 10-15 picks later. Cheaper to trade up in the 2/3rd rounds then it is in first.

Just something to think about. I’d rather have the option if available to have two first next year and have a chance to draft a stud.

Of course this is all hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I was actually agreeing with Ravenswintitle that I'd be a happy with Shenault or another top WR at 28. I was only saying that if all the top WR, DL and Edge players are gone at 28 I'd rather get maybe 2 extra stabs at the second tier than overdrafting someone at 28 or taking a low value position like ILB.

I was actually agreeing with Ravenswintitle that I'd be a happy with Shenault or another top WR at 28. I was only saying that if all the top WR, DL and Edge players are gone at 28 I'd rather get maybe 2 extra stabs at the second tier than overdrafting someone at 28 or taking a low value position like ILB.
    If a top ilb is there at 28, I'd take him workout qualms

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    I can't see a team giving up next years 1st round pick if they already passed on that QB in this year's 1st round. With that said, these questions are hard to answer until we know who's available at the Ravens pick. But to strictly answer your question, I'll take next year's #1.
    Trading out of the 1st rounds, means we loose the 5th year player option. So I think it's a bad idea. Also what is up with everyone thinking ILB is priority. Josh Bynes is good enough and would come really cheap. We need pass rushers, both in and outside. We had 9 sacks all season using a 4 man rush, we are constantly blitzing, which leave major holes in our pass defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    If a top ilb is there at 28, I'd take him workout qualms

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    I'd take a Kuechly, Wagner, Kendricks or even Mosley in the first but I'm not sure there is one this year. I wouldn't take one just because he's one of the best in this year's class.

I'd take a Kuechly, Wagner, Kendricks or even Mosley in the first but I'm not sure there is one this year. I wouldn't take one just because he's one of the best in this year's class.
    Yea id rather draft Shaquille Quarterman in later rounds. have him as your 1st second down linebacker then take him out for Clark or Elliott in sub packages. Then go after a guy like Micah Parsons from PSU next year!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    Yea id rather draft Shaquille Quarterman in later rounds. have him as your 1st second down linebacker then take him out for Clark or Elliott in sub packages. Then go after a guy like Micah Parsons from PSU next year!
    Next year? Our Ravens, despite the two one-and-dones, are a strong playoff favorite and can IMO still contend to go farther with a 3rd year LJ8 @ QB. My gist is that we should reach for it all (especially while LJ8 is on his rookie contract). I don't want more 2nd stringers added, but top-notch players who can help us go the full distance. I think/hope DeCosta feels the same way. Let's not sell ourselves short, but go for the gold. We haven't been in this position for a long time now... Bc

In general, no, I wouldn't want to trade our first but I've been doing a few of the mock draft simulators and the best players at our positions of need are usually gone by 28. There are a lot of players worth gambling on in rounds 2 and 3 so I wouldn't mind having 2 picks in each of those rounds rather than either over drafting someone or picking someone in a postion that wouldn't really help us next year, not when we're in a Superbowl window right now.
    Do you think it wise to move up a few spots? I see what you mean. it comes close with mocks but it seems we're a tad too far back for the guys who show the most promise to be immediate impact players.

If one Decosta and the team have high on their board is within striking range we could see them trade up. He doesn't operate like Ozzy and knows you need several game changing players instead of a larger amount of JAG picks